Public Relations InternBookmark This
100 Light Street
DescriptionVisit Baltimore, the city's convention and visitors bureau, has an opening for a fall public relations intern.
The Public Relations Internship is an unpaid position that provides the opportunity to receive valuable work experience across multiple disciplines while earning college credit. Upon completion of the internship at Visit Baltimore each student leaves with valuable “real world” experience in a fast-paced setting, written pieces for their portfolios and a variety of professional skills to add to their resume.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include assisting the Visit Baltimore communications department with the research and implementation of public relations activities for the bureau. Activities may include brainstorming sessions; creation of press materials; execution of media relations programs, organization of public relations clips, special events planning and MORE!
Requirements- Must have taken some PR classes prior to internship
- Must Currently be enrolled in college in your junior or senior year and eligible to receive internship credit
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be available a minimum of 2 days during the work week