Public Relations InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
This position is responsible for assisting the external relations department with various tasks and projects related to public relations and promotions at Minnesota Children’s Museum.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of marketing and communications staff members.
% of Time
25% Assist with the creation and placement of community calendar listings
25% Copyedit and format content for the Museum various email newsletters
25% Coordinate the fulfillment of donation requests
15% Survey coding and database entry
10% Other duties as assigned
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Ability and willingness to work independently.
2. Formal education in related field (marketing, communications, journalism or related experience) and some experience with social media tools.
3. Ability to organize time, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
4. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
5. Excellent written and verbal skills.
6. Computer skills, including MS Office Suite (especially Word and Excel).
7. Comfort with speaking on the phone.
8. Ability to work well with people.