Public Relations InternBookmark This
Channel One, LLC
345 Seventh Ave, 6th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionEditorial / Social Media Intern
Channel One News is seeking a fall editorial / social media intern eager to write and post about teen related topics in a smart, pop-culture savvy tone with an ability to incorporate a little educational material along the way. Our ideal candidate, in addition to being a prolific wordsmith, will have experience with news and / or students, is social media savvy, and is not afraid to pitch fresh ideas for the content they will later create. WordPress experience and knowledge of AP style is a bonus.
• Should be pursuing a degree in a related field
• Have at least 1-2 years experience working in that field
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com directly.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.