Public Relations InternBookmark This
University of MO Extension SBTDC Cape Girardeau County
684 W Jackson Trail
DescriptionThe University of Missouri Extension SBTDC of Cape Girardeau County is a very aggressive, fast paced client focused business development center. We serve 13 counties in Southeast Missouri and our clients consist of start up and growth focused entrepreneurs. We provide services related to helping busineses get started, marketing, business planning, focusing on solutions to problems they are having, and training on entrepreneurial topics to name a few.
The successful applicant will be working with an award winning 20+ year vetern in the marketing/advertising/public relations industry. As a previous owner of three businesses, he understands the entrepreneur mind and will work hard to help the client succeed.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
- Other duties as assigned in relation to the various projects
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.