Public Relations/MarketingRealBlackLove LLC
PR/MarketingThe Royal Obsession
Social Media & Community Management InternBennettRank.com
Outreach & Marketing Specialist (The Power of Vision Training Event)Revolutionary Culture, Inc
Communications: Media Relations Internship - Fall 2014Pulmonary Hypertension Association
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W. 7th St.
Saint Paul, MN
DescriptionThis position is responsible for assisting the external relations department with various tasks and projects related to public relations and promotions at Minnesota Children’s Museum.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and online application to Kim Nienstedt, Volunteer Services Specialist at email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until July 18th, 2014. Online applications can be found on the MCM Internship page at www.mcm.org/internships.
Position is 10-12 hours per week for 3-4 months (September-December, some flexiblity on dates). 120 hour commitment in fall 2014.
ResponsibilitiesThis is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of marketing and communications staff members.
% of Time
25% Assist with the creation and placement of community calendar listings
25% Copyedit and format content for the Museum various email newsletters
25% Coordinate the fulfillment of donation requests
15% Survey coding and database entry
10% Other duties as assigned
Requirements1. Ability and willingness to work independently.
2. Formal education in related field (marketing, communications, journalism or related experience) and some experience with social media tools.
3. Ability to organize time, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
4. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
5. Excellent written and verbal skills.
6. Computer skills, including MS Office Suite (especially Word and Excel).
7. Comfort with speaking on the phone.
8. Ability to work well with people.