Public Relations Intern - UnpaidBookmark This
The PowerHouse Agency
3415 S. Sepulveda
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: 623 days ago
DescriptionThe PowerHouse Agency, a boutique agency specializing in Sports & Entertainment PR, Branding & Management, seeks two interns to assist the agency's day-to-day activities in its LA office. This internship would give the interns valuable real-world & hands-on experience as well as providing the agency with additional manpower. These interns will be considered an integral part of the agency, and as such, their ideas and input will be of value.
Payment will be real-word/hands-on client project credits that intern can put into a portfolio or resume. In addition, the intern will receive a small monthly gas stipend for commuting to and from the agency office.
Interested applicants, must send resume and cover letter. (resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed)
Duties include but not limited to:
- assist with developing, writing and distributing approved press releases, client alerts, etc.
- assist with media relations including pitching, researching & coordinating interviews
- assist with building and maintaining relationships with both local and national media
- assist with building and maintaining databases, files, reports,etc.
- assist with maintaining client and agency's social media accounts
- assist with preparing media placement reports, client activity reports, etc.
- assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc
- assist with maintaining & updating agency/client calendar, status board & schedules
- assist with planning and executing special events, including on-site assistance, when needed
- attend and take agency meeting notes as well as provide creative input as solicited
- assist with admin tasks including, filing, mail, copies, etc..
Requirements- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be enrolled in a 4 year accredited college or university
- Ability to work at least 2-3 days a week
- Detail organized, strong communication and written skills with the ability to multi-task
- Posses punctuality and accountability
- Professional and mature conduct and not have a star-struck personality
- Impeccable trustworthiness and ability to uphold agency/client confidentiality
- Positive can-do attitude
- Own a mac laptop
- Tech/internet/social media savvy
- Passion for sports and entertainment
- Must enjoy and thrive working in a small team environment