Public Relations Intern for Communication GuruBookmark This
DescriptionOur product focuses on Connective Communication, a form of conscious communication based on Yogic Philosophy and Humanistic Psychology.
We are touring to promote awareness of Connective Conversation and provide our tools for educating self and others in collaborative conversation and body wisdom.
The two products are;
1) book, "Navigating Tricky Conversations Skillfully"
2) Kit "Communication Journey Kit"
We also offer workshops, an immersion program and Connective Conversation facilitator training.
We need a solid intern to help us with outreach to potential workshop locations and to help build community awareness through public outreach.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
- Prospect new locations and communities to provide education based on our target lists
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
Hours and Pay: Approximately 20-40 hours per week.
This is an unpaid internship, college/high school credit available.
If you are a foreign national seeking this position, you must have all your VISA clearance taken care of prior to coming to US or have a plan independent of us.
The Ideal Candidate Is:
Good on the phone; is good with follow through and tracking details, is self initiating and works well as a team. .
Knowledge/Experience: excellent writing and speaking skills, interest in learning skills and working in an educational environment, confidentiality and creative planning skills necessary. Out of the box thinking encouraged.