Public Relations Intern for Consulting businessBookmark This
j. stevens & associates
DescriptionCompany, a small consulting firm handling busy clients, is looking for an intern. The intern who fills this position should expect to help make key decisions on public relations with the owner. Ready to enter any fast-paced firm with excellent skills. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
ResponsibilitiesStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply. You should also be able to hit the ground running, it is being brought back in house to monitor.
Requirements• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
• Write press releases and other materials
• Screen phone calls
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases