Public Relations/Fashion Intern/CommunicationsPreface Public Relations
PR RepresentativeSmashing Graphics Game Studios
Social Media InternFoodstirs
Public Relations InternStrategic Heights Media
Media Relations/PR InternshipPoston Communications
Media Relations/PR InternshipPoston Communications
Entertainment PR InternshipLas Vegas Productions
Public Relations InternPMP PR
Public Relations Internship DescriptionBookmark This
Bridging the Gap Community Center
3916 Old Lexington Rd.
Posted: January 22 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Bridging the Gap Community Center for the Bridge Project is seeking Interns for the Bridge Project. The Bridge Project mission is to support under-served middle school age children through athletic, educational and enrichment programs to help them achieve academic success, develop the personal skills and traits necessary to reach their goals and grow as individuals of sound character and reputation.
The Bridging the Gap Community Center is a small grass root and community focused, but successful non-profit looking to expand its mission and services. To do this, Bridge Project is seeking qualified individuals for various internship positions. Because of its structure (with people working remotely from all over the US), BTGCC is looking for independently-driven, but team-oriented individuals who are able to be proactive without direct supervision and with the ability to manage multiple tasks well.
In addition, individuals working as interns for BTGCC should be familiar with and committed to upholding and promoting the Bridge Project’s mission of supporting under-served middle school age children through athletic, educational and enrichment programs.
There are currently five internships available, all of which are unpaid positions. If your school provides internship credit, we are happy to provide assistance securing it. While start and end dates are negotiable for these internships, the Bridge Project is especially interested in candidates who are able to work with our organization for several months (ideally a semester minimum) and those who are willing to work independently with direction as needed (after being trained on the Bridge Project organizational structure).We want someone who is: fun, flexible, creative, a self-starter, and a team player!!!
BTGCC is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will complete graduate from this program ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills.
It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.. All current internships with Bridging the Gap Community Center are unfortunately unpaid positions.
• Prepare and edit organizational publications (newsletters, press release, media attention)
• Respond to request for information about media
• Maintain a great cooperative relationship with community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups
• Coordinate with the event planner to maintain proper information to release to the public
• Arrange public appearances, lectures, contest to increase service awareness
• Develop a way to promote services
• Connect with businesses similar to us to inquire about collaborating
• Consult with advertising agencies to arrange promotional campaigns
• Host a meeting with the staff on how to deliver speeches
• Screen phone calls
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases
• Greet guests and clients
The Public Relations intern will work directly with staff in office to develop media promotion and development of the project. Possible activities include writing and editing press releases, newsletter articles and blog posts; photo and video documenting on-site activities; attending, festivals and events; development of promotional materials; data entry and media filing. There is opportunity to develop position to fit the desires and skills of the applicant.
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
• Students who are pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field of study
• Interest in working in the nonprofit or public sector
• Comfort in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-sufficient and self-motivated, requiring little supervision
• A passion for supporting local, community and Educational systems and social justice for rights academic success and achievement
• A team player who is able to take instruction from upper management and staff, while working independently with other interns and volunteers.
• A self-starter who can takes initiative with little to no direction
• A resourceful specialist with excellent time management
• A quick learner with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to foster lasting community relationships