Public Relations Internship - Recent GraduateBookmark This
210 S Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Starmark is a national integrated marketing agency headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The agency specializes in strategic thinking, award-winning creative, branding, advertising, interactive and public relations. Since 1978, it has partnered with world-class companies to build measurable results. Starmark delivers fresh perspectives and smart thinking to ignite clients’ business. Then, reinvests the knowledge to maximize return. It’s Big Ideas. Bottom line.
Public Relations Intern Position Program
Job Summary: The PR intern will assist with internal and external communications efforts for Starmark. The paid internship is a 12 week program with a Monday thru Friday work schedule. This internship is open to students and graduates.
• Compose press releases for clients.
• Help with proofreading of all news releases, press kit items and other company communications.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions for client communications and campaign development.
• Maintain and update external and internal client media lists and Special Editorial Opportunities.
• Research and determine appropriate media contacts/lists for media alerts and press releases.
• Collect and organize client industry PR news clips and newsletters in PR summary binder, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Monitor local daily newspapers and industry magazines to determine proactive media opportunities.
• Perform other related communications work on as needed basis.
• Communicate and work on projects with other Starmark departments as appropriate.
Benefits of Internship:
• Opportunity to build portfolio.
• Practice writing for business publications and/or business communications.
• Enhance public speaking skills.
• Exposure to a variety of business people for professional contacts.
• Participate in professional meetings and other business events.
• Personal growth.
• A letter of recommendation if the internship is successfully completed.
• Opportunity to apply classroom theories in a real-world professional setting.
Requirements• Enrolled in Public Relations or related field
• Solid writing and verbal communications skills
• Willingness to learn, question and challenge
• Ability and desire to work on challenging projects and display strong leadership qualities.
• Intermediate (or better) knowledge of the MS-Office Suite, preferable through Macintosh computer platform
• Knowledge of social media trends
• Display an exemplary level of professionalism, maintain regular and consistent attendance and be punctual to all meetings.