Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
Fleck Consulting, Inc.
1322 W. Hamilton Street
DescriptionFleck Consulting currently works with a number of elected officials, including Mayor Pawlowski here in Allentown and Mayor Spencer in Reading. In the past, our team has worked for various local, state, and federal campaigns including: Callahan for Congress, Judge David Wecht for Superior Court, Mayor Ed Hozza of Whitehall, and Dan Onorato for Governor.
We are currently gearing up for the 2012 political cycle and are looking to build our internship program. Our interns will be exposed to all aspects of the political process, including governmental relations, government administration, public relations, and campaign operations.
During the internship, students will be exposed to all aspects of the political and governmental process, providing a unique and comprehensive set of learning outcomes.
ResponsibilitiesDuring the internship, the intern will be expected to assist Fleck Consulting, Inc. staff with the following:
1. Campaign Management
2. Campaign Fundraising/Donor Cultivation
3. Policy Development & Implementation
4. Marketing/Media Campaign Development
5. Campaign Field Operations/Grassroots Organizing/Voter Contact
6. Governmental Interaction/Lobbying
7. Interaction with high-level local and state elected officials.
RequirementsPotential interns should have the following:
1. An interest in government and/or politics
2. A strong work ethic
3. Some coursework in accounting, business, government, public policy, or political science.