General Marketing/Public Relations AssistantChat 'N' Chill®, Ltd.
Entertainment PR and Production InternshipKampfire PR
Admininstrative/Business Correspondence PositionTranzsolutions, LLC
Public Relations Internship- Summer 2015Today's Business
PR AssistantInternational Skateboard Film Festival
Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
Axia Public Relations
222 E. Forsyth St.
DescriptionAxia Public Relations, a public relations firm serving regional and national clients, is seeking a public relations intern for our highly competitive, challenging and rewarding quarterly internship program. The ideal candidate has some experience with newsrooms, media relations and social media.
As advertising budgets and newsrooms are shrinking, positive news and social media coverage about a company and its products, services, ideas and experts becomes more and more valuable, more competitive and more critical to a company's success.
This experience will introduce you to the many aspects of the creative, fast-paced and results-focused professional PR firm environment. We'll offer you an opportunity to build both concrete experience and grow your professional portfolio in PR, media relations and social media. Our interns succeed - this experience is a springboard to a rewarding career. Our past interns have worked for Axia, Home Depot, Quicksilver and other great companies - small and large.
To apply, visit: www.axia.net/careers/internships/
ResponsibilitiesTypical tasks our interns complete include:
- Use Google Drive to create spreadsheets, documents, etc.
- Research and create media lists
- Draft news releases
- Answer and transfer telephone calls
- Search for local award winners and write congratulatory letters
- Sit in on client conference calls and draft conference reports
- Pitch story ideas to local media outlets
- Review Editorial Calendar opportunities for clients
Requirements- College sophomore, junior, senior or recent graduate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, cultivate and craft news stories and media materials
- Experience researching companies and issues
- Previous Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media experience required
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of computer applications
- Understanding of AP style and newswriting
- High level of creativity within the constraints of real budgets and deadlines
- Understanding news elements, newsroom operations and journalistic integrity
- Previous newsroom/media (journalism) experience and exposure a plus
- High standard of ethics, excellence and integrity