Public Relations & Marketing InternBookmark This
1201 8th Avenue South
DescriptionJob Description: The intern will work on a wide variety of projects, including:
- Supports and assists Lam-Andrews staff in marketing, account service, communications and public relations projects
- Participates in proofing marketing collateral including brochures, fliers, ads, press releases and other print and web campaign elements
- Record and report monthly media clips and marketing stats
- Developing and updating media contact lists
- Drafting media releases, web copy, and headlines for print campaigns
- Participating in brainstorming sessions for campaigns
- Research and post development for social media
- Assisting with special events
- Performing some clerical duties (e.g., monthly media clip reports, filing, etc.)
- Completing special projects as assigned
Hours: 20-35 hours/week; work hours are generally between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays, with specific hours to be arranged with successful candidates. Specific start and end dates will be negotiated.
RequirementsQualifications: Major in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, healthcare administration or a related field. An interest in healthcare preferred.
Individual must be able to work independently. The prospective applicant should have a working knowledge of AP Style and should be proficient in Microsoft Office.