Public Relations/Communication InternshipBookmark This
137 Grand Street
New York, NY
“16 Things Kid's Can Do” is a not-for-profit educational organization that works to empower Kids, People &The Planet to resolve areas of conflict on a wide variety of important issues that threaten the health of our country and the well-being of the world.
“16 Things” is designed to provide an on-going network of books, programs, events, activities and people that will educate and empower kids and people (afterall, we are all kids to our parents) to be proactive throughout their lives on a host of fundamental issues ... subjects like health, nutrition, education, business, the environment, life skills and volunteering. And when kids are empowered, they can help change family and peer dynamics as well.
One of the main goals of the organization is to get kids and people to internalize the best way to handle problem issues in their lives, and then be proactive about working to change; not only themselves, but their family, friends and associates in positive meaningful ways.
Through our parent organization, Locations, Etc. Inc., our Internship Programs have been utilized at NYU, Pace, Pratt, Hunter, Columbia, St. Johns,Cornell, SCAD to name a few, as well as from international schools from around the world.
These are structured programs that once successfully completed, can be added to resumes along with letters of recommendation. In many cases, your name – and our acknowledgements – will be added to our books and websites, where students will be able to reference them directly to prospective employers.
Currently we have numerous Internship Program opportunities available in the following areas:
Web Site Construction
Learning Objectives or Other Goals:
The specific goals toward which the intern's efforts are directed are as follows:
1. Interns will learn firsthand about the steps involved in the creation of multi-faceted Public Relations Programs including objectives, framework, writing, scripts, materials, implementation and management.
2. Interns will learn firsthand how to publicize, plan, coordinate and manage specific Special Events.
3. Interns will learn firsthand how to hone their business and communication skills in a wide variety of contexts.
The specific activities of the intern at the company, and the means by which the intern's goals/objectives will be met, are as follows:
1. Understanding of Marketing Plan, research, development of public relations, marketing and program materials for print, web, phone and live presentations.
2. Understanding of Meetings/Special Events as to how they relate to fulfilling organizational objectives: planning, researching, budgeting, contracting, coordinating, publicizing, marketing and managing said events.
3. Understanding of the business objectives of the organization, and the importance of effective communication. Interns will create and follow communication scripts to ensure that they understand and effectively communicate their objectives.
• Willingness to Learn
• Willingness to Follow Organizational Plan
• Confidence in Product
• Confidence in Yourself
• People Person
• Good Communication Skills
• Desire to Work in a Non-Corporate Atmosphere
• Desire to Get Paid Based Upon Own Production
• Interest in Work Making an Impact