Public RelationsBeloved Streets of America
Corporate Sponsorship LiaisonBeloved Streets of America
SOCIAL MEDIA/EVENT ASSISTANTJZ Social Enterprises, LLC
Public Relations InternThink Dream Live Foundation Inc.
Public Relations InternEagle group
Public Relations & Marketing InternshipBlack Twig Communications
Publicity & Marketing Internship at Peachtree PublishersPeachtree Publishers
Public Relations/Communications InternshipBookmark This
Breathe California of the Bay Area
1469 Park Ave.
San Jose, CA
Posted: April 06 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJob Title Pubic Relations Intern
Hours Weekly 12 to 30 hours weekly. Must establish set schedule.
Days per Week 3 to 5 days per week
Length of Internship At least 2 months.
Training Orientation and training provided
• Assist with the development and implementation of a public relations strategy for the agency and its environmental health, asthma, tobacco control and lung disease programs.
• Design, edit, and write monthly newsletters and other promotional and informational materials for our various programs.
• Help coordinate website content management and e-communications
• Assist in the creation of PR materials, including press releases, media advisories, public service announcements, etc.
• Perform media relations duties, including compiling media lists, pitching story ideas, interacting with local media representatives and tracking issue/event coverage.
• Conduct community outreach to increase visibility of our organization and further our mission; attend health fairs, respond to information requests, assist in the development of potential partnerships with other agencies and organizations.
• Research and develop external avenues to promote and publicize events/programs.
• Excellent writing skills
• Knowledge of marketing
• PR materials development
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to see the bigger picture
The ideal candidate will be able to work well under stress and maintain a positive attitude in an occasionally chaotic setting. The candidate will not be afraid to ask questions, but will be able to execute PR related tasks with minimal supervision.
Interns are not entitled to receive any medical or dental benefits. However, this position is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable job skills and experience in health education/public health, make a difference for people with lung disease and the environment, as well as to make important connections in the community. In addition, interns are welcome to use the computer terminals to check email during breaks.
Please contact Lynn Smith, Director of Office Administration to set up an interview and to fill out an internship application. You may reach Lynn at 408-998-5865 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org