Public Relations/Journalism InternBookmark This
Egyptian Americans for Democracy
Egyptian Americans for Democracy and Human Rights (EADHR) is a new non-profit organization, campaigning against violations of Human Rights in Egypt and seeks to restore democracy after the recent military Coup d'état, seeking a creative and passionate intern to join its young team.
The journalism/public relations intern will help the organization manage its image with various media outlets (TV, radio, newspapers, etc.). Intern will help the organization establish relationship with journalists and publications, and will assist in exploring ways of setting us in a good media position.
Intern will also monitor and summarize the news for any stories regarding the events in Egypt as well as the related efforts/campaigns/organizations. Intern will brief our staff periodically with news finding.
Intern will be working mostly virtually (sometimes will have meetings). Intern will make their own schedule as long as they perform their duties. We will help our interns gain college credit.
• Network with local journalists and establish relationships with media outlets
• Explore firms and services which will help establish relationships with national outlets
• Find opportunities to place the organization's story in news coverage
• Scour the internet for news related to the Egyptian situation
• Compile briefs of coverage to provide staff
• Assist in setting strategy for media campaign
• Be comfortable working remotely
• Proactive and outgoing
• Knows how to/willing to learn how to network with the media
• Area of study related to journalism or public relations
• Must feel passionate about the cause