(UNPAIDSOCIAL MEDIA INTERN FALL 2013 (Industy: Broadcast Journalism, Public Relations). On/Off SiteBookmark This
2250 EAST DEVON STE 151
Des Plaines, IL
DescriptionThe Social Media Intern reports to the Director of Operations
MediaTracks Communications is an award-winning producer of two public affairs programs airing on 800 radio stations nationwide. For 25 years, we’ve been a leader in providing audio services for the PR industry, including radio news releases, PSAs, podcasts, and media tours. We seek interns looking for experience in a close-knit, casual working environment with a small team. Past interns have gone on to work at NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM, WAND-TV, ESPN and Disney.
We are looking for students locally based in the Chicago area who will be graduating in 2014 or 2015. Social Media interns work 8-16 hrs per week, for 8-12 weeks. We will be flexible with your class schedule. It’s possible to work off-site for part of the week, but we need you on site either Monday or Tuesday.
• Crafting, writing, scheduling, posting content for company website, two program websites, three Facebook/Twitter accounts, company/staff LinkedIn pages, two blogs
• Working closely with Director of Operations to develop strategy for reaching out to affiliate stations and listeners
• Assist with news releases, press releases and as-needed copy for various projects
Requirements• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including grammar and proofreading
• Strong interest in radio, journalism, marketing and/or public relations
• Bright, hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor and high regard for deadlines
• Proficiency with social media apps
HOW TO APPLY
Apply through this site, or email email@example.com, attaching your resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples. You can also include links to online work. In your cover letter, please say something about your relevant coursework, projects and/or experience, what you’d like to learn from us in regard to your future plans, and what days/times you are likely available.