Social Media, Content & Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
42 West 39th St, 9th Floor
DescriptionBluefly, Inc a leading online retailer of designer apparel and accessories, invites you to take the first steps toward a rewarding career. In our energetic and innovative eCommerce organization, you will develop the skills you'll need to succeed. At Bluefly you will not only be immersed in on-the-job training, working alongside devoted and experienced professionals; but you will discover what it's like to make an impact. This is an unpaid internship. This internship can be credit-bearing, or simply for career development.
This marketing internship gives one motivated individual the opportunity to be heavily involved in all aspects of growing the social media footprint for Bluefly, Inc’s flagship brand Bluefly.com and flash sale site BelleandClive.com. This includes delivering sharp witty updates across our social media profiles, helping developing new content ideas, and assisting in the development of innovative public relations tactics.
Educational Experience Gained
A motivated intern will complete this internship with:
• An understanding of Social Media, Content, and Public Relations best practices
• An understanding of how and where Social Media, Content, and Public Relations fit into an integrated marketing strategy
• An understanding of how to use Social Media publishing and tracking tools
• Awareness and familiarity with the key players in the online retail space
• Team building, professional communication and how to work in a fast paced environment
• Assist in scheduling & populating the brand’s social media profiles including Facebook, Pinterest, Polyvore, and Twitter.
• Assist in pulling performance data for weekly reports on Social Media & Content programs.
• Monitor conversations about the brand across social media profiles including Facebook, Pinterest, Polyvore, and Twitter.
• Maintain press book with up-to-date clippings – including information about/authority of news source via Quantcast, Adplanner, Compete.com, Technorati, etc.
• Offer content/community/communication suggestions & ideas when appropriate
• Research talent/opportunities for strategic content partnerships
• Attend meetings and collaborate with team members
Our Ideal Candidate
• Student pursuing a major in Marketing, Public Relations (or related field) or a graduate looking to gain an educational experience
• Familiar with major, emerging, and obscure social media platforms
• Has strong written AND analytical skills
• Passionate about fashion and pop-culture
• Excellent time-management skills
• Adapts well to fast-paced working environment
• Professional attitude
• Strong desire to learn
We pride ourselves on being a collaborative, diverse, passionate, and energetic team of individuals where all voices matter! Each day, we encourage each other to think creatively and share those ideas in order to continue to evolve. Oh, and you get a discount on our product too!
RequirementsYou may apply via our facebook page by following this link. Please "like us" then apply to the specified job:
You may also apply directly on our website: