Social Media InternBookmark This
2431 Bartlett St
DescriptionNOTE TO PROSPECTIVE INTERN. PLEASE READ: This is a Houston-based internship. Therefore, you will be required to be in the Houston office throughout the internship. If you are not in Houston during your internship, you will not be considered. Also, compensation is in form of a stipend at the end of the internship. Please make sure to read the description and requirements before applying. Thank you.
Job Title: Social Intern
Salary Range: This is an internship. Stipend, school credit, and a letter or recommendation is available.
Department: Marketing and Public Relations
Reports to: The Director of Marketing Communications and Events with frequent collaboration with the managing director of the agency. Employment Status: Rolling Internship
The Social Media intern is a fast learner, has a strong work ethic, and assists with clients’ social media postings, campaign development and execution, analytics and ad hoc PR and marketing projects. The rock star intern should have experience and be interested in learning more about social media. This role will include gaining practical experience in strategic social media, blog writing and online research, monitoring news and social networks (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram), finding and communicating with clients’ influencers, seeking opportunities for client partnerships, and managing longer-term corporate projects. You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into our client’s PR and marketing strategy. In addition, you must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Chrome. Candidates pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or another related field strongly preferred. This is an opportunity to build your portfolio.
Duties may include:
• Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
• Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
• Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
• Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
• Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
• Replying to comments, messages, etc.
• Report findings to the team
• Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
• Attending events as part of the MAS Branding team
ResponsibilitiesMAS Branding is a full-service, award-winning public relations and events firm based in Houston. We specialize in the development and execution of powerful brands through innovative public relations, marketing communications, and events programs for the Hispanic and multicultural populations in the U.S. market. We work with diverse companies across various industries, including oil and gas, health care, technology, and hospitality.
Our Core Competencies, include:
• Public Relations and Media Outreach • Marketing and Brand Awareness • Special Events • Digital and Social Media • Design and Creative Services • Community Relations and Grassroots Outreach • Corporate Communications • Issues and Crisis Communications • Latino Trends Consulting
RequirementsMinimum Job Requirements: This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, proofreading skills, the ability to work to deadlines and effectively multi-task. Bi-lingual and some knowledge of the Houston media market is highly regarded. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Candidates pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or another related field strongly preferred. This is an opportunity to build your portfolio.
Working Conditions: The position is considered an internship and requires 15-30 hours a week (depending on role assigned). The intern will be provided with all tools necessary to complete job requirements. We have a nice office in a cool part of town with all the coffee you can drink, a big screen TV, and a living room to chill in case you get writer’s block. While the
majority of the position duties will be completed in the office, some events are outdoors. Some small amounts of driving may be required to transport supplies to events or attend off-site meetings.
• Office Hours, Tuesday-Friday, anytime between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. • Some weekends and weeknights, depending on role assigned • Length and time period of internship will depend on each intern’s individual goals, with internships available for anywhere from one month to a year.
N o t e: A g e n c y m a n a g e m e n t h a s t h e rig h t t o a s sig n o r r e a s sig n d u tie s a n d r e s p o n sibilitie s t o t his j