Social Media InternBookmark This
Dallas Urban Debate Alliance
2617 North Henderson Ave
DescriptionDallas Urban Debate Alliance is a 501(c)3 organization that works with the Dallas Independent School District to start, grow, and sustain debate teams. Hundreds of at-risk students from the Dallas ISD have had their lives changed by debate participation. Our Social Media intern would work with us to manage broad spectrum of social media platforms, including twitter, facebook, website, etc.
Responsibilities- Maintain and update with innovative content twitter, facebook, and websites
- Organize results from tournaments and draft official press releases in a timely and professional manner
- Database and rotate appropriate student images on social media and website
- Draft stories for official newsletter to reach out to donors, volunteers, and Dallas ISD administrators
- Collect, research, and publish appropriate scholarship and other educational opportunities for DUDA students
- Assist Program Coordinator and Exec Director in other day-to-day tasks.
Requirements- Ability to keep student information confidential
- Ability to work independently and reliably
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills
- Experience with wikispaces is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Constant Contact and websites are preferable
- Image and video manipulation skills are a plus
- Innovative ideas to track and reach out to target audiences
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization