Social Media Internship Spring 2014Bookmark This
14800 Quorum Drive Suite 320
DescriptionIdea Grove is seeking a dynamic and team-oriented individual to join our PR and integrated marketing team as a social media intern. An ideal intern will be recently graduated or actively enrolled at a university, seeking a degree in communications, public relations, marketing or any other related program. Current students should have at least a junior standing.
Primary responsibilities: This individual will support Idea Grove’s Social Media Manager with daily client postings, strategizing social media efforts per client and executing new ways to drive audiences to client websites. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
• Research, write, edit and schedule social media content for all clients and Idea Grove
• Assist in monitoring/analyzing social media efforts and developing monthly client reports
• Submit content to social sharing sites (including Reddit, StumbleUpon, etc.)
• Develop relationships with relevant bloggers, providing them with information about clients
• Contribute to internal discussions on ways to build audiences for client websites
This is not a virtual position and no relocation reimbursements will be provided.
No Phone Calls Please.
RequirementsQualifications: Interns must have strong written and oral skills, strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to serve as a team player.
Other skills should include:
• Active interest in social media, blogging and building blog audience
• Working knowledge of standard verbal and written communications practices, as well as various social media platforms (including Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and WordPress)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Mac computer software
• Experience with blog writing and management
• Ability to follow directions and adhere to team processes to complete assigned tasks by agreed upon deadlines
• Works well with others, exchanges ideas and shares responsibility