Social Media & PR Internship Spring 2015Bookmark This
14800 Quorum Dr, STE 320
DescriptionIdea Grove is seeking a dynamic and team-oriented individual to join our PR and integrated marketing team as a social media intern. An ideal intern will be recently graduated or actively enrolled at a university, seeking a degree in communications, public relations, marketing or any other related program. Current students should have at least a junior standing.
Primary responsibilities: This individual will support one of Idea Grove's PR teams with daily client postings, strategizing social media efforts per client and executing new ways to drive audiences to client websites. In addition to social media, there will be opportunities to help with PR campaigns for clients including award submissions, media list building, and more. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
• Research, write, edit and schedule social media content for clients and Idea Grove
• Assist in monitoring/analyzing social media efforts and developing monthly client reports
• Submit content to social sharing sites (including Reddit, StumbleUpon, etc.)
• Develop relationships with relevant bloggers, providing them with information about clients
• Contribute to internal discussions on ways to build audiences for client websites
• Assist in the preparation of monthly client reporting on PR and marketing initiatives.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a virtual position and no relocation reimbursements will be provided.
Interviews will begin around October. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted via email. Please do not email or call company in regards to your application status.
RequirementsQualifications: Interns must have strong written and oral skills, strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to serve as a team player.
Other skills should include:
• Active interest in social media, blogging and building blog audience
• Working knowledge of standard verbal and written communications practices, as well as various social media platforms (including Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and WordPress)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Mac computer software
• Experience with blog writing and management
• Ability to follow directions and adhere to team processes to complete assigned tasks by agreed upon deadlines
• Works well with others, exchanges ideas and shares responsibility
Candidates must be available to work a traditional 40 hour week. Please do not apply if you are still in school and can not commit to a M-F 8:30a-5:30p schedule.