Public Relations InternLfl Records ltd.
Social Media & Community Management InternLfl Records ltd.
Public Relations & Public Affairs Summer InternshipFocuscom Inc.
Marketing / Public Relations InternshipThe Clique Travel and Social Alliance
Graphic DesignerDDM Advertising
Fashion PR InternsSeventh House PR
Press Closet InternsSeventh House PR
PR / Merchandising InternICB Onward
Social Media & Public Relations InternBookmark This
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Captial Chapter
1800 M St NW Suite 750 South
Posted: August 07 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis internship is designed to assist the National MS Society in raising revenue in 2014 through fundraising event marketing as well as increase public awareness about MS through the promotion of community programming. The intern will assist the communications team with all aspects of daily functions to implement strategic communications tactics. Daily activities might include drafting content, editing for AP Style and on-brand messaging, market research, web and electronic communications, social media, representing the chapter at community events, coordinating volunteers, and keeping homepage news fresh and current. Our interns are members of our staff and given high-level responsibility. For that reason, applicants should expect to take on important, worthwhile projects and be accountable for their completion.
Responsibilities• Plan strategic uses for the chapter’s social media outlets, and monitor those outlets for feedback and new content
• Utilize storytelling and feature writing to assist in promoting the dates and details for the chapter’s fundraising events and client programs
• Monitor and research the current media environment and market for our fundraising events
• Draft a variety of chapter communications, including press releases, newsletter articles, and pitch letters
Requirements1. Excellent written skills including a keen understanding of AP Style
2. Excellent oral communication and phone skills
3. Interest in learning about public relations, marketing, special events, development, client services and/or advocacy
4. Comfortable speaking to others and working with a variety of people
5. Familiarity with the media helpful but not required
6. Basic understanding of the benefits of customer service
7. Ability to work independently and take initiative
8. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
9. Photo/video editing and basic graphic design skills a plus