Public Relations InternJazzy Cat Fashion
Public Relations InternELAH Productions
Entertainment Publicity Fall Internship Opportunity - Los Angeles / North HollywoodThe Front Page Firm
Moore Communications Group Public Relations InternshipMoore Communications Group
Public Relations InternParamount Public Relations, Inc.
Social Media and Public Relations InternBookmark This
International Natural Hair Meetup Day
DescriptionTitle: Social Media and Public Relations Intern
Pay Level: College Credits
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the founder of International Natural Hair Meetup and the person behind the brand The Trendy Socialite
Hours: 10-20 hours weekly. Hours are flexible, but may include nights and weekends (especially for local interns).
International Natural Hair Meetup Day and its founder, The Trendy Socialite, are seeking interns for the fall and spring. The interns’ primary foci will be social media and event planning.
The International Natural Hair Meetup Day is an annual one-day event. Its purpose is to allow the opportunity for women across the country to meet in their own communities while networking, sharing and meeting (virtually) other women across the country participating in meetups on the same day. Natural hair meetups are events designed to share information, techniques, inspiration and products to aid individuals in their natural hair journey.
The Trendy Socialite is a brand that provides events, trainings and consultations in the natural hair community. Adeea, the Trendy Socialite, is a blogger, YouTube vlogger, speaker, trainer and event planner with an active, engaged following on various forms of social media including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, FaceBook, etc.
ResponsibilitiesIntern duties include, but are not limited to:
• Uploading and updating content on social media outlets (i.e., FaceBook Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Uploading pictures to photo albums
• Creating content to drive traffic to and encourage connection to social media outlets
• Writing, posting blog posts, tweets, FB posts, etc.
• Monitoring and answering emails (under supervision)
• Responding to sponsor and host inquiries
• Responding to comments, messages online
• Research topics of interest, people of interest and products of interest to the natural hair community
• Schedule daily content on various social media platforms
• Help schedule and execute events for The Trendy Socialite including dinners, meetup events
• Help secure items for “swag bags” (goodie bags) for events
• Correspond with potential sponsors and vendors for Trendy Socialite events
• Attend events and assist with event execution (local interns only)
Requirements• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Ability to work on your own
• Self-starter with LOTS of initiative and fresh ideas
• Knowledge of social media platforms like FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Research and get to know ideal target audience
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (although experience on a business or organizational level is preferred). Successful interns will have some insight into how social media fits into INHMD's marketing strategy--not just selling, but building long-lasting relationship by adding value to them (through content).