Communications/External Affairs InternshipGay & Lesbian Victory Fund
Future Country Directors / Vertical Heads - Social Media & PR for an India based organizationIndia For Transformation
Public Relations InternTickleMe Entertainment
Public Relations InternLime Enterprises, LLC
Fall Public Relations InternshipHospitality-Marketing
Summer Internship 2014Bookmark This
1905 North Lamar Boulevard
DescriptionFounded in 1997, PetersGroup is the agency of choice for emerging and established market leaders who value a strategic, business-oriented and high touch approach to public relations and marketing. We believe in purposeful communications that focus on business outcomes build brand value. We create campaigns and uniquely package stories that radically transform organizations, influence market decisions and mobilize prospects to become loyal customers.
With a unique blend of Startup and Fortune 500 experience, PetersGroup has taken both companies and products to market across a broad range of industries worldwide including software technology, healthcare, associations, financial services, mobile and retail.
Our mission is to help organizations brand from the inside out. We have a unique ability to package a compelling story that move people into action, generating growth and measurable, sustainable results.
PetersGroup is headquartered in Austin with agency partner offices across the globe. As a partner agency in Worldcom Public Relations Group, PetersGroup is on the North American board and is aligned with more than 100 partner firms in 40 countries, while retaining the flexibility, local relationships and client-service focus inherent in an independent agency.
If you are a rock star with high-octane initiative, internship experience, excellent writing, communication and project management skills looking for an exceptional internship.
send us your cover letter and resume.
Interns assist client relations teams on research and details that contribute to the success of marketing and public relations campaigns. This is not your typical “administrative” internship. While some clerical duties will be required, it is our intent to provide a highly interactive and engaging experience. It’s your initiative, inquisitiveness, attention to details and execution that creates opportunities to contribute value, learn and shine.
Rock Star Role
- Create and maintain media and analyst contact database
- Create and maintain conference database
- Gather and create industry editorial calendars
- Identify placement opportunities for bylined articles and blogs
- Draft content for all types of media channels
- Edit and proof content and some designs
- Contribute to social media campaigns and analysis
- Industry research and competitive messaging analysis
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Create and deliver PowerPoint presentations
- Participate in planning and update meetings as required --
- Some office admin duties
- Track and manage timelines
This is an exceptional resume building opportunity. The intern candidate will be treated as a team member and gain experience equivalent of an entry-level marketing communications/pr professional.
Technology/Equipment: A working knowledge of typical office technology, such as telephone systems, voicemail, copiers, scanners and facsimile machines. Computer skills should include Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency and familiarity with Mac OS. Experience using cloud based productivity tools such as Google Docs or Central Desktop and database management tools such as Salesforce or Sugar CRM preferred. Social media experience is valuable.
- Be prepared to meet with your direct manager every Monday for 30 minutes to go over any questions, set goals review actions and timelines. Ask for feedback, clarifications, coaching, etc.
- Provide your manager with a daily/weekly activity report of actions complete and next steps
- Show up on time and participate during the number of hours you committed to each week
- Please provide your manager one week notice in writing if you need to change your schedule for the following week (for tests, etc.) and two weeks in advance if you need to be out of town
- Communicate a plan to make up hours that you miss
- If you’re working on an important deadline, you may need to stay late or put in extra time that week or over the weekend to meet your goal