Superstar Public Relations Intern for a Boutique AgencyBookmark This
DescriptionJade Umbrella is a creative co-op for lifestyle and entertainment brands, opened in November of 2011 by partners Stacey Barker and Erica Hill. Their diverse backgrounds and industrious career circles allowed the duo to easily offer "an umbrella of services" and an out of the box, non-traditional approach to client relationships.
Whether it's public relations, marketing, or event production, Jade Umbrella is proud of the heart, hospitality, and hard work they pour into every aspect of their clients' brands and theirs alike. We believe Jade Umbrella to be the new paradigm and fresh face to an over promised and undelivered industry. Jade Umbrella vows never to sacrifice their professional integrity to advance and by all means "knows good business". Be blessed, be J-A-D-E-D...
LinkedIn: Jade Umbrella
Our needs: A Super star intern to help with support for all the moving parts put into our steadily growing business. This individual must we responsible, respectful, possess solid writing skills, be social media savvy on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, a self-starter, willing to learn the ropes of public relations (good, bad, and ugly), and have the ability to be thrown into situations where they are forced to think on their feet. Our superstar intern will be assisting with press releases, media alerts, press/media pushes, social media campaigns, client relations, event production, sponsorship outreach and activations, and administrative work.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
-Will assist in weekly press/media/sponsor pitching
- Will assist in guest list management and check in for events
-Will learn the ropes of running a red carpet
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable producing sponsorship decks, one sheets, etc (PPT, Pages, Word, etc) in a timely manner
- Must have the ability to make deadlines and keep up with daily responsibilities
- Must have active social media accounts
- Must be confident pitching and cold calling potential accounts, leads, sponsors, etc
- Must be able to report when working remotely
- Must work from the set location at least 1 day a week
- Must have polite people skills
- Must be prepared to do physical work on day of events (i.e: stuffing gift bags, pick ups/drop offs, setting up/breaking down, etc)