The Blaq Group - Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
The Blaq Group
230 5th avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionThe Blaq Group, a rapidly expanding company in the event planning, consulting, and marketing space is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to assist with the Public Relations functions of our businesses. The successful candidate will have strong public relations skills, a high level of creativity, an innovative and edgy style, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate will assist with handling organizations functions, sourcing placement in publications, increasing brand awareness, and cultivating relationships across the hospitality industry locally in NYC, and nationally. More broadly speaking, this will encompass final approval and review of all marketing and branding documents and communications, both internal and external. The candidate will assist the marketing department and play an integral role in the deployment of various public relations strategies and campaigns. A secondary role this person will play will be to assist across the overall marketing and social media departments in an auxiliary / support role. This role will allow a candidate with experience in public relations to apply it to an existing operating company in Hospitality and Entertainment and Nightlife industry. This internship will allow you to interact with our top contacts and will give you practical application to your coursework and career.
Responsibilities• Prepare and edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters
• Respond to requests for information from the media
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of the community
• Confer with colleagues to coordinate production of advertisements and promotions
• Write press releases and other news announcements or briefs
• Assists in maintaining up-to-date content on multiple Web sites
• Maintains electronic files for news releases, news clips, photos and special reports, etc.
• Assist in the development of successful Digital PR and Social Media strategies
• Research publications, and advertising platforms that will generate client leads
• Identify a calendar of events to produce utilizing the company’s promoters, hosts, event planners, and network combined with contacts you establish through these events
• Identify potential partners in various industries that can assist on sourcing events
• Publicize client by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events, etc.
• Assist in managing our client’s online presence and brand through social media and online marketing techniques.
Requirements• A strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Team-oriented and able to take the lead on relevant projects
• Available to work at least 3 days per week.