The Public Relations internshipBookmark This
South East San Diego
San Diego, CA
DescriptionAbraham Lincoln High School is proud to announce that the “Hornets” joined the growing youth community with our first season of lacrosse started this past spring of 2009. The “Hornets” offer a higher level of play, instruction, and the opportunity for our youth to play a game that is rich in tradition and history. Lacrosse has its roots right here in North America where the game was originated by Native Americans. We as a team; respect those origins as it now played by athletes all over the world. The South-east area of San Diego where Lincoln High is located is an extremely urban community, where students are in vital need of more social outlets that encourage all opportunities to excel as students to a higher level. Lacrosse combines the skills of basketball, soccer and hockey into a fast paced, high endurance test of strength and agility. Lincoln High School Lacrosse is seeking hard working; creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to fill a number of available internship opportunities.
• Assist in the development and execution of promotions and partner programs.
• Write media advisories and news releases
• Assists manager in all aspects of generating and pitching story ideas to media
• Maintains media lists for purposes of corporate communications and media relations
• Assists with tracking and measurement of Eagles placements in media
• Assists with media management on site at games and special events
• Assists with game day information distribution to media
• Keeps comprehensive records of all events and activities that concern the Eagles
• Assists manager with promoting marketing agenda, Campaigns and Community Relations events
• Executes research as assigned & Performs other duties as assigned
• Gathers and records changing and new media contacts
• Monitors media responses
Application Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RequirementsThe Public Relations internship
The intern will be involved in writing press releases, creating and developing website content, database management, cold calling, manual labor, and office operations. Please include three writing samples with cover letter and resume.