PR Intern for Small Agency and Start-Up Consumer Tech PlatformVALEO
Public Relations InternSenvion Group
Public Relations InternMountain Pacific
PR for Doctors who own several companies (for profit and non profit)You Have Got The Power, Inc.
Public Relations Intern - NV Media, Inc.Cupid's Pulse
College Grads & Interns PAID/FULL TIME Event AsstEvents bykeko
Public Relations InternLive Empowered Publishing
Spring Internship 2017SDA International/Sheila Donnelly & Associates
Fall/Winter Public Relationship Internship – Immediate openingBookmark This
424 Broadway FL6
New York, NY
Posted: October 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
About this Job
Huayuan Art is actively seeking a PR Intern to join the marketing team for Fall/Winter season. In this role, he or she will be responsible for media outreaching, composing/editing press materials, supporting marketing manager to connect potential business partners, tracking publicity placements, and assisting exhibitions and special events. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, creative thinking skill and is detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Strong writing and communication skills are the key.
Huayuan Art is currently working on an international fashion contest and preparing for the 2017 NYFW, this is a unique opportunity to work first hand with reputable fashion institutes (CFDA, IMG, etc.) and reputable designers. Candidate with experience in fashion business is preferred. This is a strong opportunity to gain experience in a variety of areas including public relations, business development and event planning.
We are looking for candidates with prior public relations/fashion experience, who are available to begin immediately and available at least 3 full days per week throughout the fall. This position requires someone already settled in the New York area with established housing. All internships are unpaid. Interns will be working in our office in SoHo from 10am to 6pm.
- Assist marketing manager to develop strategic client plans and media strategies
- Monitor current news and develop the editorial calendar of postings to owned sites, social media platforms to enhance the user interactions.
- Maintain media contact database (consolidate and update contact lists; research specific media contacts and outlets for upcoming exhibitions and programs).
- Build relationships with key media outlets, bloggers and influencers, and secure coverage
- Manage ongoing relationships with potential and existing partners, ensure account retention and responding promptly to their requests.
- Help prepare monthly e-newsletter for upcoming exhibition and events.
- 1-2 years practical experiences in marketing, PR, communication, journalism or related discipline
- Past experience in the fashion business is preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Graphic and/or web design background is a plus (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills