Public Relations InternFinancial Industry A ssociation
Social Media AssistantMotivators and Creators Women's Group
Website Developer Intern (Immediate Hire)R. Couri Hay Creative Public Relations
Public Relations AssistantSociety Row
HYUNDAI Tech Public Relations and Media InternHyundai Technology
Public Relations InternCece Feinberg PR
Public Relations / AdvertisingNAMCO National Association of Minority Companies Inc.
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Intern-Multicultural Events (Hoy! Los Angeles)Bookmark This
Los Angeles Times
202 West First Street
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: August 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Los Angeles Times is the largest metropolitan daily newspaper in the country, with a daily readership of 1.4 million and 2.5 million on Sunday, more than 22 million unique latimes.com visitors monthly and a combined print and online local weekly audience of 4.1 million. The Pulitzer Prize-winning Times has been covering Southern California for more than 133 years. The Los Angeles Times Media Group (LATMG) businesses and affiliates also include The Envelope, Times Community News, and Hoy Los Angeles which, combined with the flagship Los Angeles Times, reach approximately 5 million or 36% of all adults in the Southern California marketplace.
We presently have an internship opening to work with the team for Hoy! Los Angeles.
Hoy Intern Role Summary: Intern will assist with day to day operation for multicultural events and programs. Intern will work with multiple channels to include marketing, events, ad ops and external partners.
Responsibilities• Work with events, marketing, ad operations, editorial and/or external partners to ensure all items are completed in a timely matter and delivered to appropriate party.
• Will assist with on-site event production
• Receives and screens incoming correspondence, telephone calls, and visitors. Initiates appropriate follow-up, resolves problems utilizing knowledge of department policies and procedures, and refers other matters to appropriate staff members.
• Performs a variety of administrative duties, including: scheduling appointments and meetings, arranging travel reservations, handling confidential personnel and client data, making copies, ordering event supplies.
• Types, edits, and formats a variety of documents, including correspondence, memos, and reports, which involve technical and/or confidential information. Composes correspondence and prepares documents according to prescribed requirements.
• Process paperwork and work flow - Gathers, inputs, calculates, and reviews information; refers problems to manager for resolution.
• Produces sponsorship report and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics software.
Requirements• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English/Spanish)
• Able to lift heavy equipment, boxes etc.
• Understanding of multicultural audiences (Latino, Asian, LGBT AA..)
• Computer skills - Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint , Excel
• Must be able to work evening and weekends