NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDHC inc
Public Relations InternTorrent Pharmaceutical Ltd
(((*START NEXT WEEK* ))) -- Public Relations / Media Ambassador Position AvailableNext Level Publishing
Spring 2017 Fashion PR INTERNS NEEDED ASAPMargo Siegel PR
Public Relations / Client Relations-ENTRY LEVELMammoth Marketing, Inc.
Seeking PR help to promote new book and arrange speaking opportuntiesMel Schwartz, Psychotherapist and Author
Public Relations InternshipSeven Hills
Social Media & Community Management InternTeam One Global
Marketing InternBookmark This
Advocate Health Care
3075 Highland Parkway
Downers Grove, IL
Posted: August 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAdvocate Health Care’s Public Affairs and Marketing Internship Program allows students to gain experience in one or more core area(s) of the department. We are seeking students who are interested in interning with our Marketing Department.
The Marketing Department is integrated into all facets of Advocate Health Care's Public Affairs and Marketing Division. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time in a major university or college and studying marketing or communications. We’re looking for students who are driven and ideally want to create a career in health care or marketing. We provide guidance and support, as well as the opportunity to experience the health care industry from the inside and gain valuable work experience.
Start time is based upon availability of intern. We are looking to have interns for the fall, winter, spring and summer semesters at our corporate office in Downers Grove, Illinois.
Responsibilities• Assist with production of marketing materials and partner with graphic designers and video producers
• Participate in planning and production of large-scale marketing campaigns
• Collaborate with internal departments including digital, public affairs and sponsorships
• Enhance business acumen by building relationships with administrative mangers, directors and executives
• Boost writing and editorial skills by assisting on a variety of internal and external communications initiatives
• Write news stories for Advocate’s health enews website
• Enhance technical skills through emerging smart mediums and technologies, including social media and web content development
Requirements• College/university junior or senior, or recent graduate, obtaining BA/BS/MBA in public relations, marketing, journalism/mass communications, public health or equivalent area of focus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self motivated and effective task manager
• High level of creativity and ability to think outside of the box
• Ability to work independently and think critically
• Organized and detail oriented
• Access to reliable transportation
• Knowledge of PR strategy and planning, marketing, business communications, media relations, and/or government and community relations preferred
• minimum 10 weeks with a flexible start date
• minimum 20 hrs/week with set hours required (note: some assignments may require minimal evening or weekend hours)
• strong candidates may have opportunities to extend internship