Public Relations - Must be 21-24 and out of college to apply for this special grant!Nina Sharae Resort & Swimwear
Public Relations AgentBeloved Streets of America
Corporate Sponsorship LiaisonBeloved Streets of America
Public Relations InternPMP PR
Oustanding, Motivated, PR InternPMP PR
Public Relations Intern // Summer 2017Autumn Communications
Business Development for 75 Year Old CompanyGarment Machinery Company, Inc.
Public Relations InternEngineering for Kids
Marketing/Public Relations InternBookmark This
Special Olympics Virginia
3212 Skipwith Road Suite 100
Posted: September 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSpecial Olympics Virginia (SOVA) is a year round sports program for persons with intellectual disabilities. In addition to assisting with our statewide competitions, the intern will work on several high profile fundraisers such as the Law Enforcement Torch Run, Over the Edge, and other local events. The position is unpaid but the experience is invaluable. We are willing to work with you to make the experience fit your university needs.
Extremely flexible schedule of approximately 10-15 hours/week (More Ideal). Internships typically last a semester but can be extended. The Special Olympics Virginia office is located at 3212 Skipwith Rd, Suite 100, Richmond, VA 23294 and is approximately 20 minutes from VCU.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Projects can include:
- Marketing relations at Special Olympics competitions and events
- Assistance at fundraising activities
- Pre-event planning/event management and organization
- Assisting with sponsorship proposals and letters
- Maintaining development database
- Updating social media outlets
- Sponsorship research
- Assisting with marketing tasks and developing promotional materials
- Assisting with media relationships
RequirementsStrong writing and research skills
- Interest and experience in public relations, marketing, and event planning
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Interest or experience with nonprofit work