Technology Writer / PR InternJobGrouper
Public Relations InternNuRepublic
Network Public Relations InternNetwork Public Relations
Public Relations InternAll Eyes Media
Social Media, Marketing & Public Relations Management InternDesign Weave/ NuSleep Bedding
EVINS Spring Internship Program (January - May 2017)EVINS Communications, Ltd.
PR Internship Available at Organic Juice Start UpHerb-N-Juice
Public Relations / Client Relations-ENTRY LEVELMammoth Marketing, Inc.
Marketing/Public Relations InternBookmark This
Special Olympics Virginia
3212 Skipwith Road Suite 100
Posted: September 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSpecial Olympics Virginia (SOVA) is a year round sports program for persons with intellectual disabilities. In addition to assisting with our statewide competitions, the intern will work on several high profile fundraisers such as the Law Enforcement Torch Run, Over the Edge, and other local events. The position is unpaid but the experience is invaluable. We are willing to work with you to make the experience fit your university needs.
Extremely flexible schedule of approximately 10-15 hours/week (More Ideal). Internships typically last a semester but can be extended. The Special Olympics Virginia office is located at 3212 Skipwith Rd, Suite 100, Richmond, VA 23294 and is approximately 20 minutes from VCU.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Projects can include:
- Marketing relations at Special Olympics competitions and events
- Assistance at fundraising activities
- Pre-event planning/event management and organization
- Assisting with sponsorship proposals and letters
- Maintaining development database
- Updating social media outlets
- Sponsorship research
- Assisting with marketing tasks and developing promotional materials
- Assisting with media relationships
RequirementsStrong writing and research skills
- Interest and experience in public relations, marketing, and event planning
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Interest or experience with nonprofit work