NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDHC inc
Public Relations InternUP Social Network
Public Relations InternSPARE
Public Relations InternArizona beverage company
Fantastic Public Relations Internship Opportunity for the Spring of 2017!BR Public Relations
Public Relations & Marketing InternshipWellFully
Seeking fantastic PR Interns at Boutique PR FirmTLC
Public Relations - PR InternThe FitShit Co.
Marketing/Public Relations InternBookmark This
Special Olympics Virginia
3212 Skipwith Road Suite 100
Posted: September 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSpecial Olympics Virginia (SOVA) is a year round sports program for persons with intellectual disabilities. In addition to assisting with our statewide competitions, the intern will work on several high profile fundraisers such as the Law Enforcement Torch Run, Over the Edge, and other local events. The position is unpaid but the experience is invaluable. We are willing to work with you to make the experience fit your university needs.
Extremely flexible schedule of approximately 10-15 hours/week (More Ideal). Internships typically last a semester but can be extended. The Special Olympics Virginia office is located at 3212 Skipwith Rd, Suite 100, Richmond, VA 23294 and is approximately 20 minutes from VCU.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Projects can include:
- Marketing relations at Special Olympics competitions and events
- Assistance at fundraising activities
- Pre-event planning/event management and organization
- Assisting with sponsorship proposals and letters
- Maintaining development database
- Updating social media outlets
- Sponsorship research
- Assisting with marketing tasks and developing promotional materials
- Assisting with media relationships
RequirementsStrong writing and research skills
- Interest and experience in public relations, marketing, and event planning
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Interest or experience with nonprofit work