Spring Internship 2017SDA International/Sheila Donnelly & Associates
Spring Internship 2017, New York CitySDA International/Sheila Donnelly & Associates
Social Media / E-CommerceBrooklyn PR
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNPromotional Services
PR & Marketing Intern For Site Geared Toward Minority WomenBrown Girl Bloggers
PR InternKing + Company
Public Relations Fall InternshipBEintegrated PR
PR Research InternshipO Public Relations
Media Relations InternBookmark This
801 International Parkway
Lake Mary, FL
Posted: September 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPoston Communications LLC is a national media relations agency serving clients in highly regulated industries, including top law and accounting firms, and other professional services organizations.
We are currently accepting applications for our Spring 2017 Internship Program. Candidates will be accepted in both our Atlanta and Orlando offices.
As part of our commitment to excellence, we are focused on developing future leaders in PR. We created our Internship Program to provide hands-on experience combined with learning opportunities for recently graduated, undergraduate students in their senior year of college and graduate students.
Our semester-long curriculum covers all substantive areas that prepare our interns to take on the role of Assistant Account Executive in our firm, as well as leadership topics, workstyle assessments and discussions on real-life career issues. Our interns are assigned to client teams, write and pitch story ideas to reporters, and coordinate media placements.
We're looking for forward-focused self-starters with demonstrated leadership in their school work, extracurricular activities and their communities. Interns should be motivated by our fast-paced work environment and ready to be a team-player.
We subscribe to a philosophy of "we, us, our" and look for individuals who want to be part of a collaborative culture, work hard and serve our clients exceptionally.
• Drafts basic public relations materials, including news releases, pitches, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials.
• Attends and participates in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions.
• Develops and updates media lists and other databases, including client, marketing, prospect and administrative databases.
• Assists with administrative duties, including managing newspaper and periodical inventories.
• Supports the agency with client, business development and firm management projects.
• Currently enrolled in a public relations, communications, marketing or other related program, with senior class standing, or have recently graduated from an undergrad or graduate program.
• Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours per week to the internship.
• Demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments.
• Possess basic media relations skills, and an ability to interact professionally with clients.
• Uses good judgment.
Please send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com.
A special note: The application process begins when you submit your resume. Please give careful attention to your cover letter and other attachments to ensure accuracy and relevancy. The attention to detail that you present should reflect the high standards that we seek. In addition, circulating your resume to email addresses within our company outside