Technology Writer / PR InternJobGrouper
Public Relations InternNuRepublic
Network Public Relations InternNetwork Public Relations
Public Relations InternAll Eyes Media
Social Media, Marketing & Public Relations Management InternDesign Weave/ NuSleep Bedding
EVINS Spring Internship Program (January - May 2017)EVINS Communications, Ltd.
PR Internship Available at Organic Juice Start UpHerb-N-Juice
Public Relations / Client Relations-ENTRY LEVELMammoth Marketing, Inc.
PR and Marketing InternshipBookmark This
The Hunter Group
Posted: November 08 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe public relations/marketing intern will work directly with the public relations/marketing manager in a highly collaborative partnership. It is our goal to give our intern a hands-on, real-world immersion into the world of marketing and public relations, rather than just a hypothetical understanding, an outsider’s view, or a classroom-only approach. Our intern will dive directly into the day-to-day responsibilities that someone at a typical PR office would have.
The internship is for a bestselling author, speaker, and media commentator who already does a great deal of national media, and is well-positioned to launch forward into mainstream media in a substantially larger way. Because of the ground work that has already been taken in securing major media appearances, it is likely that our intern will be able to land large media outlets, and be able to not only use those wins on their resume moving forward, but also be able to build and maintain relationships with producers at major media outlets.
ResponsibilitiesCreating Opportunities for Media Appearances:
1. Monitor news events, viral phenomena, and what’s trending online, on social media, in print, and on TV to find opportunities for appearances, placement, contribution, and/or collaboration.
2. Devise ways to position what we do with what you’ve found is trending or happening in the news.
3. Create a pitch for a segment that ties what we do to what’s trending.
4. Find appropriate media outlets to send those pitches. (This will include studying programs like Good Morning America, Today, The View, Fox & Friends, etc. to learn their specific requirements for segments.)
5. Personalize the pitch to each specific media outlet that you have selected.
6. Call and/or email the correct producer for each of the media outlets you have selected to pitch the segment. (This will include researching who are the producers at all relevant shows, which producer covers which type of segment, and what the contact information is for those producers.)
7. Follow up with those producers as needed until a booking is made or they pass.
Additional Marketing and Public Relations Responsibilities:
1. Developing, writing and distributing approved press releases.
2. Copywriting pitches, releases, marketing collateral, social media campaigns, and other materials which represent our brand.
3. Building and maintaining relationships with both local and national media.
4. Assist with electronic and social media marketing efforts.
5. Assist with email marketing efforts.
6. Brainstorm on new avenues to gain media attention, devise a plan to do so, and spearhead the execution of those plans.
RequirementsWe're looking for a smart, fearless, and reliable self-starter. You must have impeccable grammar and strong writing skills.
SkillsRequired - Online Social Networking, Public Relations Skills, Email Campaigning, English grammar
Preferred - Adobe Photoshop