Marketing and Public Relations InternshipSaint Francis Healthcare System
PR InternshipGeorgia Sports Foundation
Public Relations InternCece Feinberg Public Relations
Internship (Public Relations, Journalism, Blogger, Social Media)Miss Modesty
Love Dogs? Unique Internship working on law enforcement inititive - F/R Public Relations Ass'tK9 Kop Project
Public Relations/Social Media InternshipPorterHouse Media
Public Relations InternshipESBN, Inc.
Public Relations InternHealth Promotion & Information
PR Intern for Savvy Sports Nutrition Company in BostonBookmark This
9 Hawthorne Place
Posted: February 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionENERGYbits Inc. (www.energybits.com) is a fun, young and savvy sports nutrition company based in Boston. We just won the national award from Entrepreneur Magazine. Here is the link to the announcement http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bostons-energybits-wins-national-entrepreneur-award-300199242.html
After five years of online sales and growth we are now selling our algae tabs at running stores nationwide and are launching a national media campaign to share the news!
Our algae tabs are loved by endurance sports enthusiasts (running/cycling/triathlons) because our algae is the healthiest nutrition product in the world and provides energy and focus all without caffeine, chemicals or sugar. We are now launching our first PR campaign and are targeting media outlets in endurance sports (eg Runners World, Cycling etc) and healthy lifestyle/consumer magazines (eg. Shape, Self etc). We are looking for a part time PR Intern to help us! Show us your talent and passion and convince us you are the perfect candidates to join our team! Internships are part time and unpaid for the first three months after which you may be invited to stay on with us in a paid member of our team.
ResponsibilitiesAs the winning candidate, you will be responsible for sharing the ENERGYbits story with the media and help us grow our brand visibility nationally. If selected to join us, you will be one of the first to join our growing communications team! All our PR efforts are managed entirely in-house, so we sure hope you passion for media relations!
In this Role you Will:
• Develop communications strategy to drive media coverage of our brand in running, cycling, endurance sports and consumer lifestyle outlets
• Use our previous press releases to rewrite new ones and produce media pitches
• Secure top-tier coverage print and online coverage for our brand and cultivate relationships with top running, triathlon, cycling, hiking ,and related consumer/paleo lifestyle media (print, online and broadcast)
• Manage and prioritize all press inquiries and interview requests
• Send samples, press releases and media kits every week to interested media
• Maintain and update a press contact database and meet with CEO on a weekly basis
• Work with our Events Manager to create pre and post-event PR strategies
• Secure, track, and measure your results
• Be excited and passionate about our brand
• Be a problem solver who can get things done - and with style and grace under pressure and deadlines.
Intern Position is unpaid for the first three months.
Position starts immediately.
You can work from home one day/week
We are based in Boston -in the Beacon Hill area and require all candidates to already be based in the Boston area.
Dress is stylish or casual – it’s your choice!
Office environment is high energy and fun
Healthy lunch provided on Fridays
Stock option plan and additional benefits offered for full time employees
Sound like a fit? We can't wait to hear from you.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will be a graduate (2015 or 2016) in BA/BS Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or other relevant field. You should have had at least 1 year prior Public Relations experience or at least 1-2 other PR internships. We also require you to have the following skills:
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Experience using social media in a professional setting for Public Relations
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience with sports media and/or and consumer/ healthy lifestyle media
• Experience working on national PR campaigns
• The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
• Interest in the running, endurance sports, sports and/or sports nutrition, nutrition and/or natural health
• Experience working at a startup is a plus; you should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
• Access to and experience with Cision and other media contacts databases is a big plus
SkillsRequired - Press Relations, Press Releases, Media, Media Communications, Communication, Marketing, Social Media, Social Media Communications, Public Relations Skills
Preferred - Cision