Intern - Community RelationsAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
PRBouji Lip Cosmetics
Lead Public Relations and Communications StrategistCindy's Table
Lead Social Media SpecialistCindy's Table
Intern, Public Relations & Social MediaDiscover The Palm Beaches
Public Relations Internship at Charlotte FirmDanielle Davis Creative Group LLC
Public Relations Assistant: Entry LevelProof Management, Inc.
Community Engagement InternComal County Habitat for Humanity
PR InternBookmark This
north shore animal league americ
16 Lewyt Street
Port Washington, NY
Posted: September 22 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The PR Intern will gain public relations experience and assist with various PR projects, events and media efforts under the leadership of the Director of Communications. The PR intern will be exposed to an exceptional dynamic, mission-oriented environment. Would prefer a 15 hour per week commitment but can offer a flexible schedule.
This is an UNPAID internship position
Method of Supervision
PR intern will report to the Director of Communications and have working relationships with the Communication Coordinators, Shelter and Event Staff.
Desired Student Outcomes
• Intern will assist in the normal flow of Communication Activities, including preparing press releases, pitch letters and maintaining media lists.
• Intern will conduct research of local and regional media outlets and opportunities to publicize our mission, programs, and events.
• PR intern will develop a strong working knowledge of public relations, particularly in the field of animal welfare. Intern will gain an understanding of the complexities of communicating the Animal League’s mission.
• Interns will gain unique skills in social media, massive publicly collaborated web projects, research, and writing.
• Intern will get a bird’s eye view of the policies, mission and values of a non-profit organization.
• Write and edit press releases and various copies
• Research, fact check and collect data for various materials
• Build and maintain media lists
• Monitor and organize media placements
• Correspond with the media to pitch stories via e-mail and phone
• Carries out special and media event planning activities
• Participate in brainstorming and strategizing sessions
RequirementsDesired Skills And Experience:
- Must be able to intern part-time (15+ hours per week) during Fall/Winter 2015.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of digital marketing including how to use various social media networks.
- Strong creative writing and communications skills.
The Candidate Must Be:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Have exceptional communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Able to adhere to deadlines.
- Web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
If you feel that this internship is the right fit for you, please send your resume along.