Spring 2017 InternshipTeak Media Communications
WI STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
Marketing and Public Relations InternshipSaint Francis Healthcare System
Crime Researcher, Speech Writer/Presentation Builder, Interview OrganizerStrider
Publicist Internship - Ability to turn into full-time position.ACE Venture Capital
PR, Marketing and Branding Intern (Entertainment industry)Rebel Lifestyle Magazine
Sponsorship/PR InternCorkerbec Ventures
PR SpecialistInnovating Marketing
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Southeastern Diabetes Education Services
500 Chase Park S., Suite 104
Posted: October 07 2016
DescriptionThe mission of Southeastern Diabetes Education Services is to educate, encourage and empower children with diabetes and their families to live well.
The mission is achieved by:
• Establishing and organizing quality programs that address the diverse interests of children with diabetes and their families.
• Exceeding the expectations of campers, families, advisory groups, local officials and the media through a commitment to effective and efficient delivery of services.
• Continuing to offer innovative and unique programs.
Southeastern Diabetes Education Services (SDES) - Camp Seale Harris was founded in 1949 by Dr. and Mrs. Samuel Eichold to instruct children on successfully managing their diabetes. Our staff and volunteers continue our founder's vision for the children and families participating today.
Camp Seale Harris, an overnight camp for children with diabetes, was the first diabetes camping program in the Southeast. Diabetes camping is now a standard of care. Each year, more than 1,500 people are served, including over 600 children and their families. Eighty percent of campers pay little or nothing for camp and services received. No child is ever turned away.
ResponsibilitiesDiabetes WALK for Camp Seale Harris
• Generate content, design, draft, edit, and publish publicity items for Diabetes WALK for Camp Seale Harris events, programs and projects. These items include, but are not limited to, press releases, feature articles, posters, handouts, brochures, newsletters, invitations and web content.
• Assist with all event publicity and management.
• Coordinate sponsorships.
• Recruit volunteers and attendees.
• Serve as SDES/Camp Seale Harris liaison at WALK events.
Typical office hours are 10-15 hours/week spring semester. Some periodic weekends are required as necessary for community events. A schedule of weekend events and expected work hours will be provided at the beginning of the semester.
For more information, please contact Mary Ellen Dixon, Programs and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 402-0415.
RequirementsMust be a junior or senior majoring in Public Relations, Non Profit studies, Communications, or similar fields.
SkillsRequired - Communicating, Organization, Event Management, Event Marketing
Preferred - Adobe Creative Suite