Public Relations InternTorrent Pharmaceutical Ltd
(((*START NEXT WEEK* ))) -- Public Relations / Media Ambassador Position AvailableNext Level Publishing
Spring 2017 Fashion PR INTERNS NEEDED ASAPMargo Siegel PR
Public Relations / Client Relations-ENTRY LEVELMammoth Marketing, Inc.
Public Relations InternshipSeven Hills
Social Media & Community Management InternTeam One Global
Remote Fashion Digital Press InternKlickpicks
Public Relations InternFinancial Industry A ssociation
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Posted: November 09 2015
Company Location: Revere, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
- College student
- Candidate should be working toward a degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Organizational Communications, English or Advertising.
We are looking for one or more energetic and persistent self-starters to assist with getting Makomas’s name publicized through traditional media outlets: appearances on television and radio talk shows, coverage in newspapers and magazines, and other news outlets. Additionally, this intern will assist with securing speaking engagements for Makomas President as a way of getting Makomas’s mission in front of a larger number of people.
This internship is a great opportunity for a student (or students) interested in public relations and marketing and in developing their skills in these fields. It is also a great way to develop relationships with journalists, media personalities, and event planners while promoting Makomas brand.
We are looking for interns with an interest in food and beverage Public Relations and who are detail-oriented, organized, motivated, and have a desire to learn. We would like candidates to commit a few hours a week. This internship is offered in exchange for academic credits.
Responsibilities- Identify opportunities to promote Makomas in local, regional, and national media outlets
- Identify and secure speaking engagements at conferences, colleges, corporations, etc.
- Write press-releases and emails, make phone calls, and update media page on Makomas website
- Create/Update content - website/newsletter/press releases, Images, posts, about 500 word blog posts, etc.
- Able to attend monthly meetings, conference calls, and meet deadlines
- Build relationships with journalists and media personalities
- Follow up and follow through on opportunities and keep detailed track of communication
- Assist with other organizational communication
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Acquisition of new accounts
- Retention of existing accounts
- Campaign management
- Solicits interviews from relevant industry insiders
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant brands
- Write and distribute press releases
Requirements- Extraordinary communication skills: verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Background in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communication, or other related discipline
- Interest in Public Relations, Food and beverage industry preferred
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Huge drive, ambition and motivation for success
- Ability to work remotely with limited supervision
- Outstanding work ethic
- Persistent, assertive, and confident
- Creative problem-solver and flexible
- Fun personality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Outlook
- Must provide a relevant portfolio and 3 published clips or writing samples