Marketing/Public Relations InternThe Bates Agency ATL
(((*START NEXT WEEK* ))) -- Public Relations / Media Ambassador Position AvailableNext Level Publishing
Public Relations/Customer Service InternBri McCorkell
Public Relations InternReliance capital Limited
NYFW Public Relations intern for a designerBeauty Within TV
Public Relations/Fashion Intern/CommunicationsPreface Public Relations
PR RepresentativeSmashing Graphics Game Studios
Social Media InternFoodstirs
Public Relations InternBookmark This
Susan B Anthony Birthplace Museum
67 East Rd
Posted: June 05 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Susan B Anthony Birthplace is helping to organize the Suffrage Centennial Celebration in Massachusetts. One of the projects surrounding this anniversary is "100 Events to Celebrate 100 Years of Suffrage". This internship will aid in this project by communicating with museums, historical sites, historical organizations, municipalities, libraries, and colleges. The intern will educate various groups about the project, enter data into the website, schedule events, recieve registration information from participating venues and speak to promote the project on various radio programs and community access television, as well as, compile press releases for newspapers throughout Massachusetts and neighboring states.
The Susan B Anthony Birthplace Museum offers housing and will work with colleges for credit. This is a semester commitment. The Susan B Anthony Birthplace will take one intern per semester from the Fall, 2016 through the Summer, 2020 for this project.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with other institutions, including municipalities, museums, historical sites, historical societies, libraries, and colleges
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date participant and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of the Suffrage Movement in the United States.
- Computer skills including Microsoft and Adobe products.
SkillsRequired - Phone Etiquette, Accurate Record Keeping
Preferred - Research, Historical Research, Civic Engagement