Public Relations InternMountain Pacific
PR for Doctors who own several companies (for profit and non profit)You Have Got The Power, Inc.
Public Relations Intern - NV Media, Inc.Cupid's Pulse
College Grads & Interns PAID/FULL TIME Event AsstEvents bykeko
Public Relations InternLive Empowered Publishing
Spring Internship 2017SDA International/Sheila Donnelly & Associates
Spring Internship 2017, New York CitySDA International/Sheila Donnelly & Associates
Social Media / E-CommerceBrooklyn PR
Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
Edison Festival of Light
1524 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL
Posted: June 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Edison Festival of Light is seeking undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit environment. The Edison Festival of Light is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, organizes and promotes Southwest Florida’s largest festival. The Festival is a celebration of innovation, tradition, and education and takes place in February each year and consists of 22 events and involves a half million people.
The Public Relations Intern will report directly to the Marketing & Event Coordinator and Executive Director of Development in areas of media relations, event staffing, operations and more. This is an unpaid internship offered for the each semester (fall, spring and summer).
Under the direction and supervision of the Event Coordinator and the Executive Director of Development, the student will learn the following:
• To implement create and promotional collateral in all endeavors for a nonprofit program such as: Print collateral, memos, newsletters, press releases, public service announcements, and social media posts;
• To apply the basic theories and principles of communications and consumer marketing;
• To collaborate with immediate supervisors in identifying specific goals and objectives for the program;
• Professional etiquette and expectations;
• Engage with professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support;
• Expand network of professional relationships and contacts;
• Develop a solid work ethic and professional demeanor, as well as a commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility.
Please note: Due to budget constraints, Edison Festival of Light interns may need to have and bring in their own laptop computer (or a similar device such as a tablet, iPad, etc.) with appropriate software, to use during work hours. The work takes place in downtown Fort Myers.
Responsibilities• Daily brand monitoring via Google alerts and other tools;
• Daily editing and reviewing communications documents (blogs, press releases, announcements, media calendar, etc.);
• Assistance with mailings, print production and press releases;
• Search and organize press clippings;
• Research, verify information and collect data for various materials;
• Maintain and update media contact lists;
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff and external audiences;
• Assist in the overall design and content of the award winning Commemorative Souvenir Program;
• Create and upkeep press materials;
• Maintain consistent compliance with Edison Festival of Light Volunteer and Intern policies.
Requirements• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university;
• Applicants should be majors in one of the following: Public Relations, Communications, Mass Communications, Journalism, or Marketing;
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Solid understanding of social media platforms;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Self-motivated, flexible, learns quickly, and possesses a high level of personal integrity
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed;
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously ;
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.