PR & Marketing InternshipLigne' Agency
Event and Public Relations InternshipLiaisons Corporation
Social Media Intern/Office AssistantJDCommunications, Inc.
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNLundbeck Canada Inc.
PR - Writer - Marketing - Fashion Intern - OfficeLuxury Resale Network LLC
Graphic Design InternRegan Communications
Entry Level Public RelationsFlorida Business Consulting
Public Relations & Marketing InternBookmark This
Advocate Health Care
Multiple Locations - Elgin, Downers Grove, Barrington, Chicago, Oak Lawn, Park Ridge, Libertyville, Hazel Crest
Posted: January 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAdvocate Health Care’s Public Affairs and Marketing Internship Program allows students to gain experience in one or more core area(s) of the department. We are seeking interns all year round for our sites located in the following Illinois cities: Elgin, Downers Grove, Barrington, Chicago, Oak Lawn, Park Ridge, Libertyville, and Hazel Crest. Start time is based upon availability of intern. We are looking to have interns for the fall, winter, spring and summer semesters.
Responsibilities• Boost writing and editorial skills by assisting on a variety of internal and external communications initiatives
• Write news stories for Advocate’s health enews website
• Enhance technical skills through emerging smart mediums and technologies, including social media, video creation and web content development
• Development of media pitching skills to local, state and national media outlets
• Gain experience in stakeholder relations through community and government outreach
• Increase legislative knowledge about health care delivery through research and government relations initiatives
• Enhance business acumen by building relationships with administrative managers, directors and executives
• Assist with internal communications, such as newsletters and memos
Requirements• College/university junior or senior, or recent graduate, obtaining BA/BS/MBA in public relations, marketing, journalism/mass communications, public health or equivalent area of focus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self motivated and effective task manager
• High level of creativity and ability to think outside of the box
• Ability to work independently and think critically
• Organized and detail oriented
• Access to reliable transportation
• Knowledge of PR strategy and planning, marketing, business communications, media relations, and/or government and community relations preferred
• minimum 10 weeks with a flexible start date
• minimum 20 hrs/week with set hours required (note: some assignments may require minimal evening or weekend hours)
• strong candidates may have opportunities to extend internship