Business Development for 75 Year Old CompanyGarment Machinery Company, Inc.
Public Relations InternReliance Capital Limited
Public Relations InternEngineering for Kids
Intern - Community Relations, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
PRBouji Lip Cosmetics
Lead Public Relations and Communications StrategistCindy's Table
Lead Social Media SpecialistCindy's Table
Intern, Public Relations & Social MediaDiscover The Palm Beaches
Public Relations Summer Internship - Dalton AgencyBookmark This
1360 Peachtree St NE Suite 700
Posted: April 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Dalton Agency:
We’re an ad agency, PR firm, brand activator, social media catalyst, video production company and much more! Most importantly, we are a group of people bound together by our passion for life and our desire to help our clients succeed. We are driven to win for our clients, and have fun doing it!
Public Relations Internship Program
The Dalton Agency intern program offers the opportunity to get exposure to all aspects of the agency business to help you determine if agency PR is the right path for you after graduation.
You will have the opportunity to work with the team on multiple campaigns within a variety of industries, learn the aspects of project management, and get exposure to campaign strategy and planning. You will also be able to work on special projects to help build your own portfolio to share with professors or future employers.
The Dalton Atlanta PR team is powerful. We have produced world-class media and branding campaigns comparable to any Fortune 500 firm. With the Dalton Agency, you get to voice your opinions, and put your ideas to work. The knowledge and experience you will gain at the Dalton Agency will ensure your competitive candidacy in the job market post graduation.
Most importantly – you will learn invaluable skills in a fun, caring and creative environment!
• Assist with researching and developing strategic, targeted media lists and editorial calendars.
• Assist in the development and distribution of client press releases, pitches, case studies and other press materials as needed.
• Assist with the planning, analyzing and evaluation of information relevant to client or agency needs including: strategic plans, recommendations, media results, research data, etc.
• Managing projects as assigned to help the appropriate supervisor.
• Learn and implement additional media relations skills as required such as: story hooks, follow-up communication, interview skills, HARO requests, special events, becoming a media liaison, assisting the team on new business pitches, building/maintaining relationships, and much more!
Note: Course Credit only at this time
• Understanding of basic PR and social media principles.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of professionalism and work ethic.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Not afraid to “cold call” reporters when necessary.
• Actively enrolled an accredited university, able to receive course credit, and ability to work between 15-30 hours per week.
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Strategic Thinking, Active Team Player, Public Relations Skills, Research Analysis, Pitch Development, Blog Development, Article Writing
Preferred - Project Managment, Press Relations, AP style writing, Press Release Development, Creative Campaign Development, Campaign Planning, Calendar Management