Public Relations InternBrogan Group
Public Relations InternLPB Media
Executive Assistant and Public RelationsCyber Advanced Techology, Inc.
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNAPOLLO HOSPITALS
Public Relations InternANGLO PACIFIC
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNLundbeck Canada Inc
Fall 2017 Communications InternshipSpark Strategic Ideas
Social Media/PR InternCampaign Development Corp
Public Relations/Marketing Intern - Virtual (Creative)Bookmark This
Posted: February 25 2016
Company Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Part-time (about 10 – 20 hours/week)
Interns will work remotely, but should be available to meet online for an interview, individual weekly/bi-weekly meetings and monthly group meetings
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
Real world HANDS-ON experience working with a passionate team to develop and implement public relations strategies, watching your ideas take form and thrive within a new company, learning how to project manage and adhere to deadlines and interact with creative communities.
The Public Relations/Marketing Media Intern will play an active role in the development of The T.O.I House by Toi Stori’s (T.O.I House) profits and visibility. Under the supervision and guidance of the founder, the intern will use all forms of communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of our company. He/she will plan, develop and implement PR strategies. They will also source and manage speaking and sponsorship opportunities, research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in various arts (music, beauty, literature, photography etc) and topics such as health & lifestyle, DIY, fashion and food.
Toi is launching a book in 2016 and the ideal candidate will help manage the book launch campaign via social media.
T.O.I House was founded by artist and writer Toi Stori as a creative outlet to encourage and explore the vast layers of art through creativity and innovation. Not only is T.O.I the initials of the creator of T.O.I House but, it also stands for - Take On Innovation. This slogan is not just a tag line, but a message to encourage other creative minds to follow their dreams, pursue their goals and to become a better version of themselves through art.
• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
• Assist with developing, writing and distributing approved press releases
• Assist with electronic and social media marketing efforts
• Screen phone calls
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching and scheduling interviews if needed
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases
• Greet guests and clients
• Build and maintain relationships with both local and national media
• Build and maintain press kits
• Assist with posting logos and organizational summaries to industry services related web sites and publications
• Find and complete appropriate article entries on such sites as HARO
• Follow-up with members of the media to track and ensure client placement
• Assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc.
• Apply and follow up on sponsorship & grant opportunities
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Office applications should apply.
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and InDesign a plus.
• Experience with Wordpress blog sites and other PR sites such as Newswire
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest, Yelp, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Available to work 10-20 hours per week
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism
This internship is open to all freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior college students or those with experience and a passion for public relations
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred - Adobe Creative Suite, SEO, WordPress, Adobe Acrobat, Google Adwords