Public RelationsBeloved Streets of America
Corporate Sponsorship LiaisonBeloved Streets of America
SOCIAL MEDIA/EVENT ASSISTANTJZ Social Enterprises, LLC
Public Relations InternThink Dream Live Foundation Inc.
Public Relations InternEagle group
Public Relations & Marketing InternshipBlack Twig Communications
Publicity & Marketing Internship at Peachtree PublishersPeachtree Publishers
Public Relations/Social Media InternshipBookmark This
10 Gatehouse Road
Posted: July 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPorterHouse Media is seeking a social media intern with strong communication skills and proficiency of prominent social media platforms with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who loves music inside out and enjoys learning about digital and social media.
The social media intern at PorterHouse Media will be instrumental in increasing the brand's social media presence and visibility online. The intern will support the team in the growth and maintenance of all social media platforms, as well as researching and keeping up to date with emerging technologies and digital trends. Ideally, candidates should be familiar with all social communities.
What a great job looks like:
Success for the Social Media Intern is measured in terms of engagement. At PorterHouse Media we want to make sure that we are always producing great content and supporting the communities that engage with us. We want our branding and messaging to be consistent and authentic. A great job is also helping us spot trends in what’s going viral so that we can create content that best serves our clients and keeps people coming back.
ResponsibilitiesSocial Media Intern duties may include:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
Requirements- Excellent communication and writing skills (spelling, punctuation, grammer)
- Visual and a creative eye
- Strong quantiative, measurement and research skills
- Able to multitask and handle multiple projects at once
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Confident, friendly, outgoing, highly motivated, organized
- Passionate on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Tumblr and other online communities
- Experience in social media or related major
- Demonstrable social networking experience and willingness to learn social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability