PR & Marketing InternshipLigne' Agency
Event and Public Relations InternshipLiaisons Corporation
Social Media Intern/Office AssistantJDCommunications, Inc.
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNLundbeck Canada Inc.
PR - Writer - Marketing - Fashion Intern - OfficeLuxury Resale Network LLC
Graphic Design InternRegan Communications
Entry Level Public RelationsFlorida Business Consulting
Publicity Intern - 2 available - General and Social NetworkingBookmark This
Princeton University Press
41 William Street
Posted: November 04 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Publicity Intern will assist the department with the photocopying, circulating and filing of all reviews received, managing the publicity database, and departmental mailings.The Social Networking Intern will help to set up twitter, blogs and other social media sites for our books.
Responsibilities1. Scans print media into the shared drive for easy retrieval in the future.
2. Copies mailings for distribution of Press materials through the warehouse.
3. Attends departmental meetings to get an overall view of the function of the publicity department.
4. Conducts research related to various books for marketing purposes.
5. Researches online blogs for specific topics to obtain information for marketing and publicity, and initiates and monitors blogs on various topics related to specific books.
6. Updates mailing lists in the database to ensure they are current and accurate.
7. Sets up facebook pages/twitter pages for each trade title.
8. Adds events to the Princeton University Press facebook site and individual book sites.
9. Posts articles and creates features on the blog.
10. Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
Requirements1. Must be attending a four-year college or university with a strong concentration, or major, in the humanities, preferably English or Communications.
2. Must have a high proficiency in the use of the English language.
3. Must have familiarity with facebook, twitter, and web site creation.
4. Must have an interest in how social networking can be used to promote a product.
5. Some knowledge of html or fbml a plus.
6. Must posses strong organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
7. Must be proficient in Word and the internet, and be familiar with databases.
8. Must be detail-oriented, patient, have some creative flair and able to multi-task.