Public Relations InternArizona beverage company
College Grads & Interns PAID/FULL TIME Event AsstEvents bykeko
Public Relations InternMONTREUIL GROUP
Public Relations Agency InternAddicted Youth Public Relations
Corporate Sponsorship LiaisonBeloved Streets of America
Public Relations AgentBeloved Streets of America
Public Relations Assistant: Paid TrainingImperial Solutions, Inc
Public Relations InternCostco Wholesale
The Veterans Inaugural Ball InternshipBookmark This
Academy of United States Veterans
5413 Backlick Rd.
Posted: March 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Academy of United States Veterans strives to highlight and recognize non-profit organizations that dedicate their selfless service to achieving a positive impact on Veterans' lives across the United States. AUSV educates our national community on the necessities of our Veterans by illuminating the work of such organizations.
We provide an open forum for Veteran Service Organizations to network and communicate to maximize our collective impact through collaboration and cooperation. By bringing together likeminded philanthropists and shining a light on impactful organizations through recognition, we encourage their promise to the Veterans community.
In celebration of the 45th President of the United States’ Inauguration and in honor of our service members, we will be hosting an exclusive formal ball in the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C. on January 20, 2017. It will be a night of honor, elegance and celebration designed to bring together America’s service members and the most influential leaders and members of our society. Veterans, Elected Officials, Campaign Surrogates and Celebrities will be joining us from around the nation at “The Most Elite Inauguration Celebration”.
You may visit: www.usv.academy and www.theveteransinauguralball.com or www.theveteransawards.com
• The application deadline is April 24, 2016.
• Internship hours are part-time (up to 28 hours per week and may vary based on project)
• Work will be project-driven, hands-on while providing you with more knowledge about and access to non-profit and event planning industry• The summer internship program also includes, educational brown bag lunches, tours of related government and military sites, attending congressional hearings and other growth oriented and fun activities related to student development and the non-profit industry.
ResponsibilitiesInternship duration is for a semester (12 weeks or equivalent).
Hours are part-time (20 hours a week).
Intern will work at the HQ office in Springfield, VA and at local events during regular business hours as well as some evenings and weekends (prior notice and approval requires for evenings and weekends).
Internship will provide in-depth exposure to professional non-profit, PR and event planning industry.
Projects may include assistance with event management, educational programs, newsletters, membership recruitment, database management, demographics analysis, marketing/PR and administrative office support.
RequirementsApplicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a college student attending an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
• Have a minimum of one year of study toward degree in related field
• Exhibit an interest in the non-profit, event planning or public relations industry
• Have strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills