Public Relations Assistant: Paid TrainingMonumental Management, Inc
Winter 2016/2017 Intern (Houston)Endicott & Co Public Relations
Spring 2017 PUBLIC RELATIONS and EVENTS Marketing InternshipColette Phillips Communications
Fox News Public Relations College AssociateFox News
PR Internship for Multimedia Entertainment and Publishing FirmHashtag Comics
NEW OFFICE - EVENT ASSISTANT NEEDEDHC inc
SPRING 2017 INTERNS NEEDED FOR NY-BASED FASHION PR AGENCYThe Bromley Group
FOX News Channel/FOX Business Network InternFOX News Channel
Volunteer & Families CoordinatorBookmark This
Foster Families FIrst, Inc.
Posted: January 22 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFoster Families First nonprofit organization was founded in 2011 to support families. We offer evidence-based family programs to significantly increase the accomplishments of education, employment, and parenting skills. We seek to partner with revolving agencies targeting similar populations. We currently offer services to families in Contra Costa County and San Francisco, CA. We generally receive our clients from Contra Costa County Children and Families Services Department and School Districts. We recognize communities thrive when supported by people who care. Our focus is to reduce impoverishment and offer tools that lead to self-sufficiency. We believe healthy families are the foundation to safe and productive communities.
Reports to: Executive Director
Coordinates with: Volunteers, In Kind Donors, Government Officials, Event Sponsors
Position Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to identify, track and manage a corps of volunteers for the benefit of the agency.
• Manage volunteers and in-kind giving, including an email based network of giving.
• Through communication with staff identify volunteer opportunities within the organization.
• Create volunteer application and application review process.
• Establish agency orientation, training and background check standards for volunteer positions.
• Supervise all interns.
• Coordinate all background checks for volunteers.
• Be visible in the community as an advocate for the agency and the children and families we serve.
• Develop and cultivate assigned constituent relationships.
• Conduct outreach initiatives to expand volunteerism in support of agency programs.
• Prepare status reports as specified by the Executive Director.
• Developing volunteer position descriptions
• Community outreach to find volunteers
• Screening (interviews, required background checks, etc.) and matching volunteers to organizational needs and opportunities
• Training and orientation for volunteers
• Scheduling and supervision of volunteers
• Volunteer recognition
• Assessing organizational need and capacity for volunteers
• Creating volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks
• Database management and tracking of volunteer statistics
• Risk management
• Strategic planning
• Program evaluation
Additional Duties: Attend Staff Meetings.
ResponsibilitiesAdditional skills that are highly valued include:
• Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices
• Public speaking/Facilitation skills
• Marketing/Public Relations
• Fundraising/Grant writing
• Program management, including budgeting and financial oversight
• Supervisory experience
• Knowledge and/or experience with the organization, its mission, and the cause/issue it is addressing
• Strong judge of character (this is subjective but much of the work in matching volunteers relies on instinct and the ability to read people)
• Leadership experience
• Conflict management skills (in addition to avoiding and/or alleviating conflict, volunteer management professionals need to know how to let volunteers go)
• Ability to multi-task
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Experience developing and implementing project plans
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger staff team
• Familiar with diverse technologies and software (this is especially important at organizations that use the Internet to recruit and/or communicate with volunteers)
• Ability to connect with diverse types of organizations: schools, businesses, government, faith organizations, etc.
Qualifications and Skills: Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
• Proficiency in donor database software and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.