Book Publisher/Author AssistantBookmark This
Beverly Hills Publishers
P.O. Box 11625
Beverly Hills, CA
DescriptionBeverly Hills Publishers is the DBA of Joe Duffy.
Mr. Duffy is a BHUSD Substitute Teacher.
Mr. Duffy is a SAG/AFTRA Member, who does minor Background Acting roles whenever possible. Mr. Duffy has worked
with Student Filmmakers from several L.A. County campuses helping them to complete MFA thesis and undergraduate
Mr. Duffy is an Aspiring Writer who plans to release two books shortly. These books focus on the history of popular Christian rumors, or urban legends:
(1)" The Atheist Threat to Christian Broadcasting!"
Subtitle: The Definitive History of the Religious Broadcasting Rumor & Petition RM-2493.
Q: "Will the Federal Communications Commission Prohibit Christian Preachers and Church Services
on Television and Radio?"
(2) "Scientists Discover Hell Beneath Siberia!"
Subtitle: The Definitive History of a Mysterious, Worldwide Legend!
These Books are Non-fiction, Scholarly, with Hundreds of Footnotes, Dozens of Visual Photographs, Collages, or Documents as Evidence; Artistic Illustrations, Internet Links, Extensive Bibliography, and Indexed.
Publication of two, additional books may follow successful completion of these topics, too.
(3) The Jesus Sex Film: Will a Hollywood Movie Portray the Christian Savior as an Effeminate Homosexual?
Target Audience: Christian and Secular Readers who have interest in Contemporary Rumors, Urban Legends, and Myths. Anyone interested in the psychology and sociology of rumors.
Responsibilities1. Customize/Configure Book Store Prefabricated Website with E-Commerce Capability.
2. Review/Discuss - Preliminary Steps/Paperwork to Register Book with Bowkers Corporation (ISBN), Library of Congress, UPC Bar Codes, Advance Notice to Publishing World.
3. Select Best Option for Call-Center Telephone Operation for Book Orders - Local Tele-marketing Company, or Out-Source to Out-of-State, or Foreign Company?
4. Book Fulfillment Options - Investigate Fulfillment/Ship Options for Book Orders - Create in-House Operation, or Contract Outside Fulfillment Company? Find Appropriate Location if In-House Operation selected.
5. Book Printer - Consider Selection of California Printer for Print-on-
Demand Books, with Price, Format, & Delivery Options. Accompany Author to Visit/Discuss with
6. Television & Radio Interviews - Pinpoint Numerous Christian and Secular Programs which Interview Book Authors, Notify Program Producers, Set Up Calendar of Author Appearances.
Option to attend Actual Studio Interviews based upon Location and Schedule.
7. Book Awards - Pinpoint Christian and Secular Annual Book Awards, Contact for
Submission Specifications, Requirements, Deadlines, Fees, Make Decision if Qualified/Worth to Submit.
8. Book Reviews - Identify & Contact Christian and Secular Publications for Submission of Review Copies.
9. Handbook of Denominations - Use this Reference or Similar Guides to Identify
Christian Denominations, Determine what Websites, Publications, or Magazines exist
for Book Reviews & Publicity Options.
10. Magazine Advertisements - Potential Designs of Book Advertisements in Full-Page, Half-Page, Quarter-Page, Eighth-Page, Block Sizes for Possible Promotion of Book based
upon Circulation/Price Considerations.
11. Book Distributors - Contact to Establish Accounts which Secure Widespread Distribution to Christian & Secular Bookstores, Chains, and Libraries.
12. Media Interviews - Practice Simulated or Mock Author Interviews to Prepare the Writer for Actual Appearances, making sure Author has Knowledgeable/Informative Answers for Host Questions when Live/On-Air Appearances take place.
13. Manuscript Proofreading - Review and Inspect Manuscript Final Draft for
typographical errors, grammatical corrections, or resolution of Microsoft Word Layout/Design Problems.
14. Book Video Promo - Work on Creation of Two-Minute Book Promotion Video, and
Upload to approximately 175+ Video-sharing Websites on Internet.
15. E-Books - set up Publisher Accounts with Barnes & Noble, Amazon,
Borders, etc. for E-Book Platform on all Electronic Book Reader Devices. Make sure Book Manuscript submitted in proper format compatible with those e-reader devices.
16. Automated Accounting System - Select & Customize Accounting Program to track
Business Expenses & Income to fulfill all Legal Requirements for Corporate/Personal
Requirements(1) Geographic Location: Vicinity of Beverly Hills-Hollywood-Los Angeles, California.
(2) Dates: February/March 2014 --- through Year 2015.
(3) Schedule: Flexible Meetings based on Author/Intern Schedules with Evenings, Nights,
Weekends Desirable to not Conflict with other Work/Study Obligations.
(4) Meeting Locations - Local restaurant, coffee shop, library, or campus location convenient for Author/Interns.
(4) Christian Background - nor required, but Interns interested in spiritual topics might find this assignment more stimulating.
(5) INTERNS - Those interested in Publicist, Marketing, Promotion, Publishing, or Broadcasting/Communications careers may find this project stimulating. INTERNS not expected to Participate in Every Responsibility listed here, but may divide tasks.
(6) FINANCIAL COMPENSATION - Book Fulfillment In-House by Author/Intern Guarantees Interns with Payment for Every Book Packaged/Shipped to Customers.
(7) Optional Financial Compensation - Author May offer Tuition Payment to Interns based upon Success of Book sales. This offer is considered Gift, and not legally contracted obligation.
(8) Letter of Reference/Recommendation on Attractive Corporate Stationary provided to every intern listing
their accomplishments on this project. This Reference Letter may be submitted to corporate employers
during your search for professional employment upon graduation.
(9) Intern has permission to duplicate/retain the research information/facts which Author/Team accumulate, so
that Intern may use this information when you obtain professional employment or represent your own
clients. For example, if we create a Spreadsheet, Database, or Binders of "Book Awards for Authors," or "Television/Radio Shows which interview Authors," or "Christian/Secular Publications which print Book Reviews," or "Websites for Book Video Trailers," and so forth, you may duplicate for your own future use, too.
(10). Intern should have CELL Phone with Minutes available for relevant phone calls.
Intern should have Internet access through personal computer or laptop, or computer
available at campus library, or public library.
Intern should have access to printer for printouts.