Spring Intern for Local Shelter MagazineToday Media
EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP for THE LATERALS MEDIATHE LATERALS MEDIA
***LEARN ABOUT THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY*** - Book Club Coordinator (Virtual & Office Internship)Next Level Publishing
One year Unpaid Editing InternshipCheshire Grin Publishing
One Year Unpaid Marketing InternshipCheshire Grin Publishing
Business - Consumer MarketingBookmark This
The Zharmae Publishing Press, LLC
145 W Del Mar Blvd
DescriptionWhat: Business Intern position at TZPP
When: At least 20 hours per week for a 6 month internship.
Where: Once per week in Pasadena the remainder Virtually - TZPP conducts most of our business through email and phone.
Why: We provide the internship for individuals who are looking for a hands-on experience bringing product to market through social media marketing, market research, customer insight, public relations and product development. We want interns to become employees and grow with us and we will help you meet that goal if you chose it.
How: Will aid in Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Management, and Market Research.
Responsibilities- Comfortable using social media to converse within our industry (book publishing) and grow our brand
- Developing Press Releases for maximum distribution to many outlets including newspapers, magazines, regional papaers, etc.
- Interacting with Authors to develop their interview, reading, presentation, etc skills for live and radio appearances, and speaking engagements.
- Aiding in developing Copy text for books and their campaigns.
- Researching outlets (mostly online at present) for sales development.
- Designing and Executing Grass roots marketing efforts.
- Desire to learn and run your own piece of the business.
- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Comfortable with Social Media and interacting with it.
You will be required to read 1 or 2 texts during the course of this internship and a final internship review.
Be prepared to answer the following questions during the initial emails and interview:
1. Why are you looking for an internship
2. Where would you like to be in two years
3. What would you like to learn during your internship
4. What would make an internship interesting to you
5, What are your top three strengths that make you a good candidate
6. Are you able and willing to do the hands on detail work to implement strategy
7. This internship will suck if....
Requirements- Have a brain, computer and phone, the time to commit, and a desire to learn and explore new things continuously.
- A respect and enjoyment of books (mostly fiction)
- Seeking individuals mostly in their Junior/Senior or Post-Grad years, and professionals looking to switch careers.
- Major preferences are Marketing/Sales, Business, English, Economics, Psychology, Communications, Project Management/Logistics, Teaching, others also considered.
- You must also understand that you will be put to actual work. While some work will require detailed research we don't have time for having you be a label maker. We bring you in to make a difference and a contribution to our new company. Most of our interns characterize our internships as "being thrown to the wolves, with a safety net."