Copy EditorBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
DescriptionCompany: Green Lifestyles Network (GLN)
Job title: Copy Editor
Work Location: Virtual (anywhere). (Preferably Los Angeles, CA, if on the Executive Board)
Division/Department: Executive/Planning Committee
Reports to: Strategic Plan Implementation Manager
Collaborates with: All department and manager level volunteers and the Executive Board
Time Commitment: Part time Volunteer
Green Lifestyles Network (GLN), is a 501© 3 non-profit organization, and is looking for a Copy Editor. If you’ve got a good standard of English and can work to tight deadlines, then this could be a great opportunity that you would enjoy.
You’ll be paying close attention to detail in this job so you would need to able to concentrate for long periods. You would also need to have good written and spoken communication skills for giving constructive feedback to authors and writers.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Correcting errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Checking the length of the text fits in with publisher requirements
• Making sure the text is in the publisher's or publication’s agreed APA Style
• Making sure that the meaning of the text is clear
• Checking that references are quoted correctly and pictures have the right captions
• Checking for possible legal issues, such as libel, partiality or breach of copyright
• Resolving queries with the author
• Consulting with the author if extensive revision of the text is needed.
RequirementsEducation, Experience :
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field.
• 1 to 2 years of professional publishing experience preferred; emphasis on copy editing and proofreading preferred.
• Experience using word processing or publishing software and APA Style writing
Strategic Planning Team Values
Successful teams and team work fuel the accomplishment of GLN.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates who send their resume will be considered